BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose to take my 2001 M5 delivery this week, but my dealer just told me because of the gas guzzler tax go up to $2600 there is 500 more than 2000 model so bmw fighting for that reason.it's gonna take few days. I still wish I can get it by end of this week

anyone has any info please share.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Originally posted by proust0657:
A higher gas guzzler tax! I'm telling you I get a lot better mileage that the government belives the car will get. Oh yea, when I'm driving in 6th gear it is good, but with this much torque, there is no bad gear!

Hope it comes in soon. Talk about the ultimate wait.

Mark

I suppose to take my 2001 M5 delivery this week, but my dealer just told me because of the gas guzzler tax go up to $2600 there is 500 more than 2000 model so bmw fighting for that reason.it's gonna take few days. I still wish I can get it by end of this week

anyone has any info please share.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find this news very interesting. My car arrived at the Southern Region PDI Center on or about September 24th. All the servicing was completed on Sept. 27th with shipping scheduled for the 29th. My Dealer("Center") expected to deliver the car by months end - but no car. After numerous calls and e-mails to the "Center" and BMW knowone will tell me when they plan on releasing my car(10/05/00). I was hopeing someone at BMW would "come clean" with the information.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Don't worry. No conspiracy. They just didn't have the window stickers (maroney)ready for the 2001. That problem is cleared up. 2001 M5's will roll any minute......

Info from a "friend" at the top in BMW/NA HQ in New Jersey.

MJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts