BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who may already have a 2001 M5, what does your steering wheel look like? Is it the same as 2000 or is it like the one in the E46 M3?

TIA

·
Registered
598 Posts
Marlin,
Lauderdale BMW informs me that my 01 M5 arrived in Charleston Sat.9/30, however, it won't be shipped to Ft. Lauderdale til 10/14. What a bummer! I'll be out of town til 10/20.
Just my luck...
Bear
Originally posted by marlin:
I don't believe we have any board members that have taken delivery of a 2001 M5.

------------------
BEAR

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wonder if BMW can retro fit the 2000 wheel. I really don't care for the new one. I'm sure they'd say no at first, but like the custom paint jobs, I wonder if you can get it if you persist?

Had my first serious "unsupervised" test drive in the beast this weekend. No need to go into details because everyone on this board knows that all they say about the beast is true! What a car!

What's the best 0-60 time anyone has gotten. My best was 5.5 65 degrees outside. That's a ways away from the factory claim of 4.7 0-60. It seems a bit optimistic? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
238 Posts
We can not be completely certain about look of new wheel here in US.
If you notice fog light switch - on that picture - it has 3 positions. 2000 US version doesn't have rear fog lights. Only European build had it.

We better to wait until 2001'M5 US version arrives.

New ugly wheel refrains me from replacing my 2000 with 2001.

Vas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
907 Posts
The M5 wheel posted below is the steering wheel for the 2001 M5. I have pictures of the M3 with both this wheel and the split spokes at the 6 o'clock position. I do know of a US SPEC M3 in the States now with the split wheel.

MJ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Viken,

Those were some great photos from the Monterey weekend. This is the first year in the past 3 that I haven't gone. I recognized the Concourso Italiano photos as soon as I opened the first one.

I saw my first Beast there last year, Imola Red with Black Red interior. I was hooked immediately!

Thanks for the pics!

ST

Titanium Silver 01 on order...anticipation

1 - 12 of 12 Posts