BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am coming to terms with myself that I am more of an M3 kind of guy. It's tough because this is the most beautiful car I've owned, but I'm more of a small car type. I guess I don't have what it takes to own the beast :7:

I'm starting my search for a Z4 M coupe or M3, so I figured I might as well post up the M5.

It is a stunningly pristine 2001 with arguably the best color combo. I waited forever to find this and even bought an e36 as an interim car after selling my Lotus. When I had my PPI done in May, the shop owner (BMW M shop in LA) described it as a museum piece. Not a drop of oil anywhere underneath and cosmetically mint. The engine bay is spotless. He commented that the tires and shocks were somewhat tired and the thrust arm bushings were worn. So I addressed those below. The previous owner was a retired engineer who had it professionally detailed and treated it like a child.

I daily drive the car down to Carlsbad and have never had any unusual sounds, lights, or issues whatsoever. It pulls hard and smooth. I check the oil regularly and somehow I have an E39 M5 that consumes none :confused:

Basics:

2001 LeMans Blue M5
Two tone blue/black interior
102k miles
Clean title in hand, zero accidents
San Clemente, CA

Mods (Everything done still preserves 100% stock appearance which is what I prefer)

Short shifter
Muffler delete
X5 thrust arm bushings
Koni yellow shocks
Eibach sway bars + urethane bushings
Ltw flywheel

Recent Maintenance:

All paperwork included. It was just with Qais at South Bay Autohaus for the shocks/bushings install. He looked everything over and even said it was sort of a waste to even replace the shocks.
Oil change at 100k.
New shocks and thrust arm bushings (see above) at 96k
New clutch at 90k
New thermostat at 90k
Brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Alignment following the tires

Negatives:
The front rotors seem to be warped and cause a bit of a stutter when braking on exit ramps. It wasn't bad enough to change them in my opinion, but it's a negative. They might be able to be resurfaced.
The lightweight flywheel chatters.
I need to replace the fuel door actuator fuse.
Some of the weather strips have a slight scuff mark. I laughed when the previous owner told me this, so I figured I would pass it along.

I'm going to be in Georgia until the 31st. I'll be here until January 4. Then in Vietnam and China until the 18th. The car will be in my garage on the battery tender during that time away.

$19,300

The weather has been pretty bad lately, so I will take some better pics soon. I would assume everyone would want to see the car in person anyhow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To those of you who sent a PM, I did receive it, but I need to make a few more posts before I have forum privilege to send a reply apparently.

my fav color combo by far. i wish you were closer. i would be interested. please post a few more pics. thanks
Just FYI, I shipped my lotus to Florida in a fully enclosed container for about $950 If I remember correctly

Would love to see car ASAP. Live in San Diego. Email more pics and contact info to [email protected]
I am hoping to have pictures on New Years eve which is the day I get back in town. I'll email them over and post them here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About to post a bunch of pictures. Apparently the forum doesn't allow me to edit the original post. I tried to cover many angles and show how remarkable the paint, body, and interior are. Let me know if there are additional shots you would want.

The car is pretty gorgeous.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow just about says it all. A super clean example and one of my top two color combos. Wish I was closer to pulling the trigger.

GLWS.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Beautiful. Wish I was closer to purchasing time as well. Hope something on the West Coast like this pops up in the next few months.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Pm me your contact info.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Wow, I've seen a few members on here with the same color theme on their 65's, but I think you're the only one that really pulled it off, must be the LMB. Where did you get them done?

·
Registered
63 Posts
OptionlessM: Great car. I am interested. Can you PM me the VIN and your email address so we can discuss further? I dont have enough posts to PM yet.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Headed back to the US on Sunday and ready to take offers.

Let me know if you would like to see the car. I am in a communist country right now which blocks a lot of gmail, so I apologize if I have not gotten back to you. didn't feel like setting up VPN.

·
Registered
301 Posts
DM me with your number. I live in SoCal as well and I'm interested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts