BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have for sale my tastefully modified 2001 ///M5, in LeMans Blue, with Caramel interior, fully loaded with extended leather, rear folding seats, premium stereo, etc. I think the only options that the car lacks are the sun shades. It's always been garage kept. The car is running the Evolve tune, SAP delete, unplugged MAF's, sport button memory and relocated IAT. I've owned the car for the past 4 years, and I believe I am the 3rd owner. I've only driven this car about 10k miles in that time. It's been my weekend / day trip vehicle. Unfortunately, I've spent more time working on this car than enjoying it on the road. This car is in very good shape, but does have minimal nicks and scratches as can been seen in the photos. Mechanically, the car is in excellent condition and I wouldn't hesitate to hop in and drive it across the country. To my knowledge, this car has never been involved in any sort of accident, it's never been smoked in, is very clean and smells fresh.

This car has been very well cared for, always adult owned / operated, never raced or abused, and is a prime example of how well these cars can show & operate if properly maintained. Roughly $20,000 has been invested into this car to make it what it is today.

The previous owner did the majority of the modifications, and used the car as his daily driver, which is why the mileage is high @ 159k. He commuted 100+ miles per day for work. In an effort to provide full disclosure, I was told by the previous owner that the car was keyed at some point when he owned it. He had the entire car stripped, prepped and repainted with OEM BMW LeMans Blue paint. The paint job was done professionally and correctly. I have the receipt for the paint work, and it comes in at around $8,000. There are absolutely no signs that the car was re-painted; it looks completely stock and original. I have not run a carfax, but if anything shows up, I assume that it would be that the vehicle was vandalized, hence the re-paint.
I sorted out any issues I found with the car, so rest assured, it has been gone through thoroughly. The only known issues at this time are the instrument cluster pixels go out sporadically, and the wheels need to be re-balanced. No "check engine lights", no VANOS problems, etc. I have a stack of receipts from the previous owner, and a few from my ownership. I did the majority of work myself, which is noted. I am including a spare tire setup based off of the X5’s donut spare: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/217513-possible-cheaper-spare-tire-donut-18-e70-x5.html#post2494321
OEM jack pads were installed, an OEM 5 series jack, shorter lug nuts, OEM wheel chock and OEM lug wrench come with the package.

I am selling the car because I really never get to drive it anymore. I don't "need" to sell it, and I would like to see it go to someone who will appreciate it and enjoy it.

I paid $14k for it, and I've put a lot of time and money into it to get it operating at 100%. I am asking $13k, firm. No trades, no low ballers. Here's the VIN# WBSDE93491BZ99691 I've included a pdf file with the output of the BMW VIN decoder to see original options.

You can contact me to setup an appointment to view the car, and I can take you for a ride. If you want to test drive the car, I will be in the passenger seat, and I will not allow the car to be mistreated. Bring your license and insurance card. You will be responsible and liable for the vehicle during your test drive. Many years ago when I sold my e36 M3, I had a guy ruin my transmission because he thought he was a professional power shifter. I don't expect to have anything like that happen ever again, and I regret having to say this now. *****SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!

Any questions, please feel free to contact me. The car is located in Mullica Hill, NJ 08062

Here's my info:
Bob: switlikbob at g male dotcom
six09 nine4seven 2eight6zero

Here are pictures I took last weekend, along with receipts, etc: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B71Ci4lXEzuGQmtJWG1Ec2RRYkE

And (minus the BBS wheels), the original pics from the previous owner 4 years ago: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Please see the list of modifications and repairs below:
Evolve alpha-n tune - $1179 - with servotronic adj, Secondary air pump delete, quiet cold start, maf delete, IAT relocate, tuned for cold air intake and dinan exhaust
afe intake - $732 - Cold Air Intake System Stage-2 Magnum FORCE Stage-2 PRO 5R Intake System; BMW M5 (E39) 99-03 V8-5.0L 54-10852 - aFe Power
dinan exhaust - $1544 - Dinan, Leader in BMW Performance Parts and Upgrades » Blog Archive Dinan Free Flow Exhaust for BMW M5 E39 2000-2003 » Dinan, Leader in BMW Performance Parts and Upgrades
bilstein PSS9 adjustable height coilovers - $1988 - pic
stoptech bbk 14" rotors, st-40 calipers front & rear - $5790 –
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=238
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=229
Just replaced, all original stoptech, new drilled rotors and street performance pads, all 4 corners - $1247 - pics - self installed
rouge engineering ssk - $265 - paper receipt
tec cup holder - $93 - pic - self installed
euro sliding leather armrest with storage bin - paid $250 via m5board member SlimmBones - self installed
clear bra - $350 - Welcome to bavauto.com | Invisible Front End Shield - Bumper for cars with headlight washers - Extended Coverage
new headlight adjusters - $30 - self installed
replaced transmission (original had failing 2nd gear synchro) with 70k miles unit by m5board member Clemster - $1000 plus labor - pic
new LUK clutch / pressure plate by m5board member Clemster - $450 plus labor - pic
new front upper & lower lemforder control arms by m5board member Clemster - $450 plus labor - pics
new ECU fan by m5board member Clemster - $74 - pic
speedline wheels - n/a - came with car
BeastPower Rear Sway Bar Brackets, new stock bushings - $124 - pic - self installed
under fender license plate mount - $50 - http://skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml- self installed
LED angel eyes - self installed
updated NAV CD - self installed
replaced rearview mirror (common issue) - $250 - FS: Oval M3 Mirror, 1 yr warranty - BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) - self installed
New aux fan (it was draining power), changed coolant & replaced failed windows washer parts - $858 - paper bill
hankook ventus v12 tires (<10k miles) front:245/40/18 rear:275/35/18 - $850
replaced CCV system because of CEL, fixed sunroof not flipping up, mount & balance new tires - $640 - paper bill
replaced driver's door lock actuator & BMW coolant - $83 + labor - pic & paper bill ($169)
replaced one bad PDC sensor - $123 - pic - self installed
replaced gas filler cap - $24 - pic - self installed
newer battery - $166 - pic - self installed
professionally tinted windows
changed oil less than 100 miles ago - self installed
fresh cabin air filters - self installed

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
My car's lost twin in many ways. Dinan exhaust, Pss9s, Rogue SSK, replacement Lemforder control arms, donut spare. Caramel interior looks in fantastic shape for the miles.

So bump for you and GLWS!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you kind sir! The whole car is in great shape considering...
Someone will enjoy it for many years to come.

**I forgot to mention, I bought this car from a fellow forum member. I can't remember his username, but he was a good guy.***

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow! Looks really clean! A coveted combination, tasteful mods, and a fair price should be picked up pretty quick. This would be a good candidate for my buddy who wants one but needs this VW diesel thing needs to be resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Bump for an excellent deal from an honest seller!

Bob, I may have to buy this one if it's still hanging around in a week or two. Don't worry, not planning to part it out. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump for an excellent deal from an honest seller!

Bob, I may have to buy this one if it's still hanging around in a week or two. Don't worry, not planning to part it out. :)
Thanks Adam :)

Another forum member is scheduled to fly in on Saturday and purchase the car.

So I am 99% sure it's sold.

·
Registered
337 Posts
please post whether or not it sold, I guess I'm third in line to possibly buy the car. If no one purchases please PM me, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts