BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 BMW Imola Red M5 6sp purchased 31 of August 2001. Original owner with LOW miles. Currently has less than 12000 miles but is being driven. Remaining factory warranty till August 2005. Maintained VERY well, ALWAYS garaged and flawless interior and exterior. The car has NEVER been smoked in!

$55,000.00 or best offer above $55,000.00

Email [email protected] or call 352-463-6522 or 352-493-1770 for more details... or just PM me

Car is located 35 miles west of Gainesville, Florida and a hour and a half north of Orlando... so plan your weekend trip to Orlando and take a look at this car!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/d14marquis/my_photos

CAR IS STOCK...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi,

First, I just wanted to say that you have a georgous beast there!! Wow, simply wonderfull to look at and I'm sorry to see that you are looking to part with it.

I am currently in the market for one and would like to offer the following advice...

Take a look at Autotrader.com and Cars.com to see what a low mileage 2001 M5 are being offered for. What you will see is that there are several 2002's with low mileage (around 20,000) that are offered in the high 40's (47-49k). While I'm sure your car is worth every penny that you are asking for (in your eyes), your asking price is extremely high. In fact, a low mileage 2003 M5 can be had in the range that you are offering your 2001 for.

Anyway, just though I would offer some friendly advice.

Good luck in your sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BimmerHead said:
Hi,

First, I just wanted to say that you have a georgous beast there!! Wow, simply wonderfull to look at and I'm sorry to see that you are looking to part with it.

I am currently in the market for one and would like to offer the following advice...

Take a look at Autotrader.com and Cars.com to see what a low mileage 2001 M5 are being offered for. What you will see is that there are several 2002's with low mileage (around 20,000) that are offered in the high 40's (47-49k). While I'm sure your car is worth every penny that you are asking for (in your eyes), your asking price is extremely high. In fact, a low mileage 2003 M5 can be had in the range that you are offering your 2001 for.

Anyway, just though I would offer some friendly advice.

Good luck in your sale.
Thanks for the post! You're right, the price may be a little higher than others out there... but if you purchased this car, you would basically be buying a new car (except with 12000 miles) from the dealer... you will NOT find another car in stock form in such GREAT shape.

I don't have to sell the car, but if it does sell, it will allow me to purchase the helicopter a little earlier than expected.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMM Helicopter. Now THAT will make for a great commute to ANYWHERE! :)

I Love Imola. And I am sure your car is excellent. And if you don't have to sell her then you will be able to sit on your price. I have been in that position a few times and although it takes 2 to 3 times longer to sell her the right buyer WILL come along.

Just for reference. My fully modified 01 (34k in upgrades done by previous owner) was 43500 BUT has 60k on the ticker.

MMMMMMMMMMM Helicopter mmmmmm

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Painful depreciation...

I don't know if you've been a lurker here for long, but there is a major disconnect on KBB and Edmunds pricing on the M5... they are $5k too high. Generally the folks here take REALLY good care of the cars, and still pricing is way lower than the 'private party' numbers they publish.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55371

Same mileage, two years newer. Concensus on pricing on this 2003 is where you are on you 2001.

Best of luck, though. If the perfect buyer happens upon it, then it may work out. Just make sure you know what the market truly is.

Given the choice of the M or a helo, I know the wife would say 'buy two M5s...

Good luck

A.

A

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice looking car. I would be interested at a market correct price, but that is about $10,000 off yours. Of course, that's probably only 4 (jet) to 10 (piston) hours of flight time in your helicopter. You'll save a fortune in operating and fixed costs by delaying the helicopter purchase until you get your price. Your best strategy may be to raise the asking price.

·
Registered
439 Posts
im tellin you , set up a cpo from a local dealer and you might get a decent price for your car..

just my .02

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
davidmarquis said:
$55,000.00 or best offer above $55,000.00
Just noticed....

I don't think I'd ever seen a car priced at one price, with the option to pay more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts