BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to make room in the garage for a new toy, and reluctantly one of my cars has to go. Up for sale is a well-maintained 2001 Imola Red Dinan S2. It is a September 2020 build.

Some of you may be familiar with this car (formerly belonged to JP and also Aaron who were active on M5Board) and know how meticulously maintained it is. I bought it in late February 2021 and had it shipped in an enclosed truck in early March from Georgia to SoCal. Mileage was 116,502 when delivered to me and it just crossed 119,000. This car has had a lot of work done to it and the mileage is a non-issue IMO.

I’ve spoken with the previous two owners and have a good history of the car. The car was leased new to an executive in the Bellevue, WA area and once the lease was up, he purchased the vehicle which automatically will show as a 2-owner car on Carfax. The car was then sold to a mechanic of BMW Bellevue who was already familiar with the car after servicing it for a number of years. The car was then sold to Aaron who I believe owned the car for about 8 years before selling to JP in late 2017/early 2018. I followed the threads on M5Board created by both Aaron and JP before buying the car to get a good understanding of the car’s background, and knew the car was a well taken care of animal.

Since taking delivery, I changed the oil (5W/30 Synthetic), replaced both Vanos solenoid O-rings and the power steering pump. The car was making some engine noise and my mechanic and I both thought the noise was coming from the vanos units, so he replaced the o-rings. It turned out the noise was the power steering pump, so the o-ring replacements weren’t necessary.

Now on to the details of the car… In addition to it being a Dinan S2, it had an extensive overhaul done in 2018 at 105k miles. The work done and mods include:
-Complete suspension refresh with new Dinan springs, shocks and subframe, new bushings and new steering rack.
-All new cooling system
-New pulleys, belts, tensioners, hoses, fan clutch, grounding straps, firewall cover, windshield cowl, instrument cluster/trim, plus lots of other parts to make this car showroom quality and be able to run problem-free for many more miles. The previous owner went crazy with making this car perfect.
-Vanos was refreshed with the Besian kit.
-Front syncrodesign works monoballs
-Einhorn (Jedder) headers with Swaintech ceramic coating. These produce more power than Dinan and there’s lots of info about them on the forums.
-Evolve tuned for 93 octane. It was live tuned with Evolve, so no issues with having all of the Dinan parts and a non-Dinan tune on the car. No check engine lights and it did pass CA smog in March.
-Einhorn Industries resonated x-pipe (I added this maybe 1,000 miles ago). I do have a non-resonated supersprint x-pipe available as well I may include depending upon the deal. There is a noticeable increase in low-end power with the Einhorn Industries x-pipe over supersprint.
-Supersprint sport cats
-Dinan exhaust (added around 105k miles)
-Dinan front and rear sway bars
-Dinan front and rear tower braces
-Dinan carbon fiber intakes
-Dinan tuned velocity stacks
-Dinan limited slip diff
-Dinan lightweight flywheel and new aluminum clutch
-Dinan pedals and red Dinan floor mats
-Dinan 18’’ forged wheels that are a 9.5/10 with MPS4 tires
-Brembo front brakes with slotted front and rear discs
-Hood, fenders, front bumper, mirrors, A-pillar, and the leading edge of the roof has Suntek PPF. A couple of small dings in the film that can be repaired with heat. Just haven’t gotten around to having it done professionally as I don’t want to try to fix myself.
-Ceramic coated and routinely cleaned with all Griot’s products. I used to work for Griot’s and am fanatical about my cars. There are a few small dings, but nothing that justifies any touch-up IMO.
-Originally had black heritage interior and new original OEM seat covers were installed around 105k with M Texture Alcantara. The door panels were upgraded with matching M Texture Alcantara and the factory chrome speaker grills and door locks were changed out.
-Extended leather interior
-No known accidents

This is THE car I drooled over in my teenage years and the previous owners took great care of it. It is in amazing shape for being 20 years old and needs absolutely nothing. I’ve had a F90 M5C, E60 M5, E46 M3, E92 M3 and I think this car has been my favorite. It both looks and sounds amazing, and has been impeccably maintained. The previous owner has several videos on YouTube that are easy to find and he talks about both the history and work done on the car if you’d like to check them out.

$50k
Open to possible trades for something cool and unique that can be parked outside without me feeling bad it’s out there.
Located in Thousand Oaks, CA
Will ship if buyer arranges for and pays for shipping after funds are received
Title in hand
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Window

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Hood

Car Grille Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Light Motor vehicle Hood

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door Motor vehicle

Attachments

Reactions: Calli74

·
Registered
2006 M5
439 Posts
I'm Speechless......what a machine. Make room for what? The only thing I would bump this beauty for is a 992 GT3. Goodluck with the sale she's special. 👍

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
This is for sale again? Good luck, beautiful car.

Reactions: tmccann2

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm Speechless......what a machine. Make room for what? The only thing I would bump this beauty for is a 992 GT3. Goodluck with the sale she's special. 👍
Thank you! A GT3 is next 🤟

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is for sale again? Good luck, beautiful car.
Yeah, I don’t want to get rid of it but it’s either I keep it and it’s parked outside or it needs to go to a good home. A car like this doesn’t belong out in the cold!

Reactions: Calli74

·
Registered
212 Posts
Gorgeous car. Wish I had room
And more money! Lol. GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tmccann2

·
Registered
2 Posts
@tmccann2 I’m interested in looking at the car in person and I’m in the area of Thousand Oaks as well. I don’t have the ability to PM you directly since I think my account is too new(created today just to reach out to you). Let’s me know if you are able to PM me directly and arrange to meet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@tmccann2 I’m interested in looking at the car in person and I’m in the area of Thousand Oaks as well. I don’t have the ability to PM you directly since I think my account is too new(created today just to reach out to you). Let’s me know if you are able to PM me directly and arrange to meet.
PM sent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts