BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been promised delivery of a 01 this week. I was wondering if it is too early since I heard that the factory has not startedd producing 01 models yet. How do i tell if he is really selling me a 01. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I would be very skeptical this early. BMW does'nt even have their website updated yet. I'm also getting an '01 and my dealer, a mega metro NYC area store has no information on the '01.

I would call BMW NA in Woodcliff Lake specifically the M division & see what they say.

Good luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My dealer informed me today that my '01 M5 will be assembled in week 39. I assume it will be in Florida by the end of october.

------------------
'99 BMW 328iC
'99 ML430
'01 M5 (November)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right. The dealer now admits that he has a 2000 model. I told him I will wait for a 2001

·
Registered
86 Posts
just speced mines, build week 38 and delivery by mid october.

Main differences:
- No more all leather option with the sport interior (SUCKS)
- Enhanced Audio Package

·
Registered
417 Posts
carsany,
That sounds like a pretty quick delivery time...week 38 is in the latter half of Sept.

Mine is a week 36 and was told late Oct./early Nov. I hope you get yours as promised because that means I might get mine in late Sept!!! --fingers are crossed--

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I owned a 2000 Carbon Blk/Silverstone Sport which I bought Dec.99 and this is my second one I am buying from the dealer. Specifically passed up a July delivery to wait for the 2001 model in Crbn Blk/Blk Exclusive(Only way to get all leather now)

- Carsan

Going to Spartanburg on Oct. 30/31st, Anyone here going to be there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts