BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling a 2001 BMW M5 with 156xxx miles. I'm asking for 17,000. I have a full service history and used oil analysis history. All recommended maintenance was followed. Transmission and differential fluids changed at a 60K mile interval.

The car has a Tubi cat-back exhaust and Dinan's Stage III suspension (springs, dampers, camber plates, and rear anti-roll bar) with JRZ dampers. Both were installed at around 25-30K miles. A Bavarian Soundwerks MediaBridge (audio/phone interface- aux in/USB/iPhone/BT audio streaming) is also installed in the vehicle.

As you can see in the picture, the car has 2 sets of wheels that are both included with the deal. The wheels in the first 3 photos are the ones currently on the vehicle. M5 umbrella also included

Unscheduled Maintenance
Rear shocks replaced at around 90K miles (leaks-warranty)
All suspension control arms and ball joints replaced at around 100K miles
Front struts replaced around 130K miles (Dinan re-design) Also did new springs and strut/shock top mounts
Fuel pump replaced at around 125K miles.

Located in St. Charles IL

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello All,

I am the owner of this M5. I have asked Euroquipe to sell my vehicle as I have moved out of state. Collin is the son of the owner.

I purchased the vehicle in January of 2004 as a BMW CPO with 20K miles from Perillo BMW in Chicago. So in practical terms it is a one owner vehicle. The VIN is WBSDE93451BZ99672. I purchased the Tubi exhaust here on the board. The stock exhaust as well as the original springs, shocks, and rear anti-roll bar are all with the car.

I have done almost all the maintenance and repair myself over the last 10 years (since out of warranty and BMW service plan). Oil changes every ~7500 miles. Differential and transmission fluid every 60K miles. The engine has no leaks. The transmission weeps from the fill hole. The differential weeps from the axle seals. Nothing drips. Full service records and receipts since I purchased the car are with the vehicle.

The stock M5 wheels look great and have the original finish (to my knowledge) except for the right side wheels that had the lip refinished due to the finish flaking. Apparently a previous curb rash repair. To my recollection they have no curb rash or cosmetic issues. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the rears are nearly new.

Other than the driver's seat the interior looks nearly new since I was usually the only person in the car. The driver's seat has just begun to show visible wear. The car has been regularly detailed inside and out. The exterior looks very good to excellent for it's mileage depending on your perspective. The paint still has excellent high gloss, but there are stone chips and a few small scratches from driving 156K miles. The car has been garaged for it's life with me (14+ years).

I am available to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Jim

·
Registered
60 Posts
Other items:

The car consumes about one liter of oil between changes (7500 miles) give or take.

Headlight adjusters were fixed by me a few years ago.

No accidents or damage other than rear bumper was tapped while at a light. Resulted in a small crack in bumper cover. (2004-2005 time frame)

No missing pixels. Instrument cluster was replaced under warranty 2005-2006.

Clutch was replaced under warranty at approximately 45K miles. Euroquipe measured the clutch thickness and put current wear around 50%.

Everything works.

$14K OBO.

Any questions?

Cheers,

Jim

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm interested but I'm in Cali. The mileage scares people away. The price is right in my opinion. I for one like high mileage great value cars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'll agree that your price is right.

Perhaps it's also the time of year? Fall in the midwest is always tough to sell a car that needs to go into storage in a month or two (at least in Michigan where I live!). That being said, I'm still surprised at the lack of interest in this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is not huge. Dinan currently quotes 1/4" drop front and rear. I thought it was closer to 1/2" - I have my own measurements with the car and can try and have someone dig those up if you are seriously interested.

Cheers,

Jim

What's the ride height compared to a stock suspension setup?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Agreed that the timing is far from perfect with the seasons, but it has been listed for sale for a few months.
Biggest puzzle for me was the complete lack of interest.

Cheers,

Jim

I'll agree that your price is right.

Perhaps it's also the time of year? Fall in the midwest is always tough to sell a car that needs to go into storage in a month or two (at least in Michigan where I live!). That being said, I'm still surprised at the lack of interest in this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it helps, I'm interested but broke. I would be all over it if I didn't have an M3 restoration that is consuming all my time and money. GLWS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you provide some more information on the dampers? IIRC, the standard Dinan setups had Koni Yellows. This car has JRZs? Do you have a pic of them?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not able to send PMs at my current post count, but I am very interested in the car. Can you email me so I can discuss it with you? nat4tony at gmail.com.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts