BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 E39 M5 for sale in Chicago

I am selling a 2001 M5 that I have owned since Nov 2002 and put 165000 of the 174000 miles logged on the odometer. The car has been dealer maintained at Fields BMW in Northfield, IL, with way more than the required maintenance. All service records are available including the ones showing that the engine was replaced in March, 2006, at 53000 miles, as well as a complete new clutch, at BMW's expense.....an interesting story. The car looks and runs great and comes with an extra set of wheels fitted with Michelin snow tires with the summer tires being Conti Extreme Contacts. All tires, including the Bimmerzone emergency spare carried in the trunk. are very low mileage. All options available in 2001 are on this car. I just turned 70 and moved into the city where there is no room to stretch the legs of an E39 so she is up for sale to a good home. Jet black exterior, black leather interior. Asking $14, 500. Call Michael at 847.502.2567, cell, or email [email protected] I have good photos but not sure how to post them here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
attached are pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The M5 was the fastest sedan when it was new because of the 4.9-liter V8 engine that produced 394 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque. To the Bimmer Nerds, that engine code is known as the S62. An engine only found in the e39 M5 and BMW Z8, although it does share the same block as the M62 engine (built from 1994-2005). It is a high revving, silky smooth, torquey V8 that is unlike any other engine that I have driven. The S62 engine is what the e39 M5 is most famous for and I now understand why. Most of today's engines are turbocharged to try and mimic V8 characteristics - the M5's engine is the definition of refined power. It pulls strongly from 2,000 RPM to the 7,000 RPM redline. In every gear there was torque available and I was never without enough passing power. The e39 M5 will pin you to your seat when you mash the throttle.Classic. Beautiful. Elegant. Sophisticated. Refined. It has 174k miles on it, but the engine and clutch was replaced at Fields BMW when it had 50k miles. So the engine and clutch have 120k miles. All new power steering hoses, new coolant hoses, new gear shifter assembly. This car drives like new! This is an enthusiast's dream. Black on black is the perfect color combo for this e39 m5. The sound of the exhaust is intoxicating! Only reason I am selling it, is because I got a new BMW and don't have room for this beautiful timeless piece anymore. There is nothing wrong with it.
It comes with 2 sets of wheels. Summer set and winter set.
Also, spare tire with the wheel spacer adapter is included.
A few extra K&N filters are included with purchase
Car was recently detailed, so it looks like new!
Fully loaded with every option available in 2001
I have every work order done on this car all organized by year including the engine/clutch replacement.
Clean and clear title in hand
CASH ONLY
NO TEST DRIVES WITHOUT CASH IN HAND
Please contact me if you are serious about this vehicle. No trades, no payment plans, no scams.

Year : 2001
Make: BMW
Model: M5
Engine: 4.9L V8
Mileage: 174k
Condition: Like New
Color: Black

Asking $14750 OBO. Call or Text. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey JMDM5
You are not going to stop a little thing like a parking space stop you are you? The simple answer is to sell something else you have now which you do not want as much as you want this M5. I have owned and enjoyed her for sixteen years but I am 70 years old now and need something a little tamer!
Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts