BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally made up my mind to put my 2000 Silverstone M5 up for sale. Bought it in April 2013 from a fellow board member (mpowder) with ~48,500 miles and now it has 72,xxx and counting as it is my DD. I've dumped a crap ton of money into this car (haven't we all) and she's now running great and should continue to for quite some time. Selling her makes absolutely zero financial sense with all the maintenance/preventative maintenance that I've done, but I feel it's time. All work minus the tire installation was done by myself or my buddy. I have receipts for just about everything.

The Good:
- 4 new CPS, crankshaft position sensor, ignition switch, and DME relay all within the last 1k miles
- New fuel pump, fuel pump relay, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, spark plugs, cabin filters, air filters, diff & trans fluid within the last ~10k miles
- B&G lowering springs (I have the original springs if buyer wants them)
- New Eagle F1 all seasons for the rear ~3k miles ago. Fronts have plenty of tread left
- Facelift headlights, depo taillights, updated NAV, and updated steering wheel (minor scuffs on the plastic at the bottom of the wheel and the airbag protrudes slightly from the wheel. I got the wheel from my friend after an accident and bought a used airbag separately. No airbag light). Have all original parts if the buyer wants those
- Muffler delete (do not still have original mufflers)
- Beastpower rear swaybar brackets
- 10 piece rear suspension refresh (Lemforder/Meyle kit from FCP Euro) within last ~7k miles
- Rear brake pads ~4k miles ago
- Front pads and rotors ~6k miles ago (currently have ST-40 up front, but will be taking that off and keeping for new car). Stainless steel lines on all 4 corners
- 2 New TPS ~8k miles ago
- New FSU ~10k miles ago
- E60 ssk
- F10 illuminated shift knob and boot
- Interior trim wrapped in 3m brushed aluminum (The 2 parts I wrapped I did a underwhelming job, not even going to try to pawn it off as professional. My buddy wrapped other parts of the trim much better)
- 15mm ECS wheel spacer kit for front with extended lug bolts
- Front thrust arms (Lemforder) around ~12k miles ago
- K40 laser jammer installed by previous owner

The Bad:
- Front end definitely shows signs of being a daily driver in crappy 395 traffic/construction. Bumper and hood look good from 15 feet away, but any closer than that and you can see rock chips and blemishes. Could definitely use a respray or bumper replacement. No cracks though
- Front fender underbody panels are garbage (I'm sure everyone has this problem). I would have replaced them except the way my garage is at work, I'd need to replace them every month if I wanted to keep them perfect
- The common rear view mirror issue reared its ugly head 3 weeks ago
- Dash pixel issue. Never really bothered me
- Rust near gas cap (see picture)
- Not sure what happened during the previous owners tenure, but under the drivers side door where the jackstands go, the underbody panel and body panel are bent (see picture). Looked like car may have slipped off a jack or something. No damage to fuel filter/lines under the underbody panel though
- Random small dings/dents
- Car eats 1 liter of 10w-60 every 800-1200 miles depending on your driving style. It's a 2000 after all
- 2nd gear is a little tough to get into when car is cold. When warm there is no issue. Maybe different gearbox oil would help
- Scuffs/dings on powdercoated black wheels. Near physically impossible to scuff now with current tires due to protective edging

I genuinely like the car and am not in a massive rush to sell. Obviously I'm posting this thread, so the end result I'd like is it to go to a fellow enthusiast, but I'm not looking for a quick fire sale. Car is in good condition and I believe I have represented it accurately (if not a bit too harsh). Car should be good go to for quite some time but as with all used car sales, it's as-is. If there has been a mechanical problem I have fixed it and have done plenty of preventative maintenance before something else arose. You can view all my threads/posts as well as the previous owner mpowder's posts here on the board. I have receipts from the previous owner for MAFs & valve covers when the car had around 32k miles. I'm sure I forgot/left some maintenance performed out somewhere. Looking to get $18,000 for it. PM or text 571-699-six nine seven two. Name is Challenge but I also go by Shane. If you have any questions, shoot me a text/PM. Car currently has a lien as I could not pass up the basically free loan by my credit union.

Pictures can be found here - challengegray's Library | Photobucket

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump it up. Fog light was broken so replaced with "french" style fog lights. Just went on a cruise and car runs awesome

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ST-40's pulled off and stock front brake setup is back on the car. Price drop to 17,000 OBO

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is sold. Wow that was tougher letting her go than I thought . . . I definitely have to replace her with something nice :(

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Car is sold. Wow that was tougher letting her go than I thought . . . I definitely have to replace her with something nice :(
Ah man, did you sell local? Board member?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello Everyone,

This is probably the wrong place to introduce myself but I'll keep it short. Want to thank Challenge for a smooth transaction and being a stand up guy. I feel like I've inherited the car from a line of owners who really went the extra step to take care of it and I will do my best to continue the trend. Looking forward to the M experience.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hello Everyone,

This is probably the wrong place to introduce myself but I'll keep it short. Want to thank Challenge for a smooth transaction and being a stand up guy. I feel like I've inherited the car from a line of owners who really went the extra step to take care of it and I will do my best to continue the trend. Looking forward to the M experience.

Welcome to the board.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts