BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heavily upgraded M5. Dinan stage III suspension. Dinan front and rear strut/stablizer bars. Tubi exhaust welded to EvoSport cat converters. UCC short shifter kit/DSSR. IATA Reloc kit. Rogue Tranny mount. Upgraded to wide screen navigation. Autowerks (I think) cold air intake. Powerchip upgraded. Remote garage opener is also installed. Tail lights upgraded to 2002 style I think. Rear sunshade is standard equipment.

Very low miles at approximately 48K - 49K. Car was blue but painted using Sand Metallic, which is not a M5 color but official BMW color code. Leather seats also dyed from black to beige. This is why my handle on this website is "SandBeast". DMV license paid for full year for California. Brand new rear pair of Michelin Pilot Sport (PS2 I think). Full spare tire with same M5 rim.

Car has salvaged Florida title since 16K miles, and a clean California title. I bought it at 25K miles because I believe restoration was good and the accident didn't damage front/engine. I then added over $10,000 of meaningful performance and mechanical upgrades (not counting painting and leather dye).

Few little things that are not working. CD changer is one that doesn't work. Also I have a loose connect in a rear side air bag that cause air bag light to get on. Parking sensors don't work. Leather dye peels away but can be re-sprayed. Front bumper bottom is scrapped quite a bit as Dinan suspension got the car too low. But temp sensor is there. Car drives like a dream with powerchip. This is my absolute favorite car to drive in mountains, where it glues to the road. Need money so this car is a steal for you if you like an M5 as a casual performance car to enjoy. I loved it not for speeding on straight away, but for open/windy mountain road performance driving to feel that control!

Note: The EvoSport catalytic converters that I got to weld along with Tubi 3 years ago past smog then, but really on the border and has failed California smog few times before passing. I had Powerchip programmed to ignore the cat inefficiency caused by the cats.

I will also throw in the following to make this super deal even better:

* Valentine One (bought it around 2004) with wiring tapped to I-bus so you get display on the instrument panel.
* 2 Peake tools - both engine check lights and SRS airbag codes
* around 10 German oil change filters
* Few bottles of unopened Mobile 1 synthetic oil for M5
* Few bottles of unopened Royal Purple transmission fluid
* Couple of original MAF and O2 sensors that I pulled off in favor of new ones, but still should work.

My asking price is $14,950!!! The car is in San Francisco Bay Area. I can help you arrange for out of state ship but you must pay the shipping. See pictures attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
* Few bottles of unopened purple rain transmission fluid
I think you mean Royal Purple transmission fluid :D

Any chance you'd want to part out? I'd LOVE to buy your exhaust, and I have the stock one if you need it too!

If not, good luck with the sale!

Reactions: SandBeast

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Good luck on the sale, Didnt think id be too fond of the color but i do like it! Anyways if your interested in parting out some of the performance mods PM me!

·
Company Representative for Exotics Tuning
417 Posts
Good luck on the sale, Didnt think id be too fond of the color but i do like it! Anyways if your interested in parting out some of the performance mods PM me!
+1 :goldcup:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nice car

The car looks great and the price is rally fair. Good Luck with the sale :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Why the chrome trim and sandstormed out paint scheme? That color reminds me of my parents Ford Tempo they used to have; <.

Careful with that Purple Rain stuff. : 7

1 - 11 of 11 Posts