BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wonderful 2000 E39 BMW M5. Titanium Silver Metallic over full black leather. 51k adult driven miles, this M5 has a clean title and Carfax. Loaded with all standard options and the following:

• 465 fold-down rear seats w/ski bag
• 508 park distance control (PDC)
• 776 Alcantara anthracite headliner

Upgrades include clear bra, new tires, weighted ZHP shift knob, upgraded 16:9 screen, and MK4 DVD navigation with the latest software.

The exterior of the car does not look its age and has no dents or door dings. The interior looks as new with the supple black leather and Alcantara headliner both in excellent condition. Mechanically the car is sound and needs nothing, the last service was at 49k.

I am the fifth owner, I purchased the car just this summer. The car was sold new and the first owner moved from California, to Arizona, to Colorado where it met it's second owner. The second and third owners owned the car for 11 & 10 months respectively. The third owner purchased the car as a CPO car at Lithia BMW in Medford. With the fourth owner the car has spent the last 6 years in Eugene Oregon traveling less than 12k in that time.

While I don't have detailed records I see that the car was dealer serviced at 21k, 24k, 29k, 33k, 36k, 40k, 42k, and then at 48k when I purchased the M. While the car is very nice it has a couple of minor flaws including a few missing pixels in the ODB, the dreaded halo in the rear view mirror, a broken cup holder in the back, and a small scuff on the driver's side mirror. The rear bumper was touched up at purchase and I can notice the slight color difference in the right/wrong light.

So, why the heck am I selling it? I spent a good three years looking for this car, the fellow I purchased it from owned a small boutique dealership and went on and on about how great his job was. That stuck with me and I decided to embark on starting my own shop as a part time effort. Now that I am getting ready to purchase inventory it does not make much sense to have a personal car. If the wife's rig sells I may entertain the idea of keeping the M but ideally I would like to move both cars.

Asking $21,850.

I can't pm yet, e-mail any questions to my user [email protected].

·
Registered
931 Posts
Beautiful beast, good luck with your sale. Hope it finds a nice new home:cheers:

Reactions: Kraljev

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quite possibly the best one I've seen (online) thus far.

Congratulations on keeping it in such good shape. Can you advise the board if you are the original owner, or was there another fastidiuos owner before yourself?

Considering the superb condition, you may well get pretty close to your asking price. I'd be interested, but right now I'm still stranded "over the ditch" in Australia, waiting for my house to sell. If it is still for sale when I get to the USA, I'll be looking you up...

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I recently picked up a 2002 with 64K and yours is AS CLEAN as mine and I thought mine was the cleanest I had ever seen.

Good luck with a quick sale!!!

I WOULD suggest to add as much service history about the car as possible. Include number of owners, major issues corrected, list if any of the usual repairs have been done proactively. Having been in the market so recently, I remember how refreshing it was to find an Ad with all the needed information. The less people have to go back and forth via email, the faster you will find a "serious" buyer. Otherwise you could get a bunch of "interested" parties via emails which will cost you a lot of time when you start answering all the questions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quite possibly the best one I've seen (online) thus far.
That is high praise, thank you.

I am the fifth owner, I purchased the car just this summer. The car was sold new and the first owner moved from California, to Arizona, to Colorado where it met it's second owner. The second and third owners owned the car for 11 & 10 months respectively. The third owner purchased the car as a CPO car at Lithia BMW in Medford. With the fourth owner the car has spent the last 6 years in Eugene Oregon traveling less than 12k in that time.

When I got the car it was in great condition, just a little dirty. I would call my ownership the longest detail job ever. At purchase I had the wheels refinished and put tires on shortly thereafter. The Nav and screen upgrades were optional but a must in my mind. I had the car serviced at purchase and the only item needing attention was a faulty temp sensor. Mechanically the car needs nothing, if I were buying I would have a PPI done in the interest of CYA.

Good luck with the sale of your home, I know how stressful that can be.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same question last summer (about another car), and another board member advised that it was an option, rare to see, but it was an option. I suppose if you do a search it will come up.
I've been hitting the classifieds hard the past couple months, and from what I've seen, the 2000's have chrome trim and 2001+ have the shadowline. Though seeing pre 2001's with shadowline is definitely not out of possibility as an option or a very quick aftermarket mod.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
What is the exact build month on this good looking car?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts