·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if there was a price difference between both. Thanks

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Mattar, where in HillsB are you? Upper (by 92) or Lower (by black mtn road?) What color is your car?

Jet Black in Upper here.

--Dan

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live off skyline. I think I saw you once I was behind you with my silver S4.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I may be able to let you know in a few days. My dealer called me today to tell me that he had my Vin # and that the ship date listed for my car was today. He said he is going to try to confirm the shipment date and price tomorrow.

The price is still showing up as $99,999 on his computer which he said means that the price info is still not available. I will post the price information as soon as he sends it to me.

Mark

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's Mark !

·
Registered
22 Posts
MES WHEN YOU FIND OUT SOMETHING ABOUT PRICE AND WHAT CHANGES WILL BE FOR 2001 M-5 I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD POST OR E MAIL ME I HAVE A WEEK BUILD 38 THIS WEEK STILL WAITING LIKE YOU FOR PRICE ETC THANK GOOD LUCK WITH THEN NEW M-5
Originally posted by MES:
I may be able to let you know in a few days. My dealer called me today to tell me that he had my Vin # and that the ship date listed for my car was today. He said he is going to try to confirm the shipment date and price tomorrow.

The price is still showing up as $99,999 on his computer which he said means that the price info is still not available. I will post the price information as soon as he sends it to me.

Mark

·
Registered
907 Posts
The price for the 2001 M5 IS $99,999. It was way under-priced for 2000.

Seriously, I am going to guess that the 2001 pricing will remain the same as 2000 pricing (maybe a slight increase). I have no knowledge yet, just guessing, based on the price hold on the new 540i. The price should be released soon, since the first 2001 M5's should be hitting the US shores in a few days. Obviously BMW/NA is haggling over something related to pricing. This price was supposed to be out 3 weeks ago. As for 2001 changes, I posted a complete list 3 weeks ago.

MJ

·
Registered
907 Posts
One more thing...............

The list of 2001 changes can be found on Page 3 of this board with the subject line "Placed order for 2001 today." A few new facts, I spoke with someone recently who has actually seen the new M5. The M Bass Audio option utilizes about 2" of additional trunk space by extending the rear deck under-cover a tad lower. There is also some additional dimming gizmo in the cockpit. The new gauges kick butt, I am told, as do the new tail lights.

MJ

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I'd imagine it would be difficult to improve on the actualy guages themselves. Must be quite a display!

If any of you with early 2001 cars could post pictures of the changes, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
--Dan

·
Registered
90 Posts
anybody have an update on the 2001 msrp?
Originally posted by MJ:
The price for the 2001 M5 IS $99,999. It was way under-priced for 2000.

Seriously, I am going to guess that the 2001 pricing will remain the same as 2000 pricing (maybe a slight increase). I have no knowledge yet, just guessing, based on the price hold on the new 540i. The price should be released soon, since the first 2001 M5's should be hitting the US shores in a few days. Obviously BMW/NA is haggling over something related to pricing. This price was supposed to be out 3 weeks ago. As for 2001 changes, I posted a complete list 3 weeks ago.

MJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
Over here in Canada, the price for the 2001 M5 has gone up $2000Can, from 102460 to 104460.

I would believe similar rise in price would be seen over in the states.

P.s. Just to let you guys know, over here in toronto, there is no line to wait. Just order the car at MSRP and it comes in two month!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
If the Canadian M5 for 2000 was $102,460 Canadian dollars, then as of the 9/15/00 exchange rate, that converts to around $69,100 US Dollars. That was already less than the US model at $69,970 (with destination charge). So, if the 2001 Canadian M5 is now $104,460CD, that's about $70,400USD which is not far from our 2000 price. I think the USA price will be coming this week. Let's see if BMW/NA holds the line. Also, is the Canadian M5 as loaded as the USA model? Do they charge extra for All-Leather and NAV?

MJ

Originally posted by 4DRROCKT:
Hi,
Over here in Canada, the price for the 2001 M5 has gone up $2000Can, from 102460 to 104460.

I would believe similar rise in price would be seen over in the states.

P.s. Just to let you guys know, over here in toronto, there is no line to wait. Just order the car at MSRP and it comes in two month!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The canadian spec M5 is fully loaded just like the american cousin, except one, the Hertiage leather is optional. But options such as the rear sunblind is only $250Can. And yes, the NAV comes as standard equipment.

But I think the biggest advantage of buying a canadian M5 is the fact that you don't have to face those greedy dealers down at the states because there is a law against marking up the price and there is no line to wait. Not many M5 buyers here in Toronto.

·
Registered
88 Posts
BMW GB has just knocked £8000.00 off the list price of an M5 and confirmed the 2001 model will be the same. £52000.00.

If they knock another £7000.00 off, it wouldnt have been worth my while going to Germany to get mine.

By the way, just to p--- everyone off, from order to ready for collection, my car took 20 days.

Brian R.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
are there any 2001's out there if so post some pic's Please
) Thanks

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Go to BMW M "the company" there's a picture of the '01 M5 (blue of course) next to a yellow M3.

It's only a front view but imagine seeing that in your rearview mirror!

Surrender unless you're driving something faster!

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys

1 - 20 of 22 Posts