BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am forced to sell my baby!! Help me find the new lucky owner!

This 2000 M5 has only 58,800 miles on it. I have owned it since 2002 and it is in immaculate condition. Always garaged, paint and interior are excellent, and best of all it has ESS VT-550 SC installed

Here are some details:
2000 Model Year E39 M5 (October 1999 production)
Titanium Silver Exterior
58,800 original miles
Black all-leather interior with aluminum interior trim (no wood)
Fresh brakes
New Clutch
Bridgestone Potenza tires in decent shape
ESS VT-550 Supercharger installed
All original parts from Supercharger installation if you want to restore it to stock.

This car is AMAZING to drive. Tons of power, handles like a dream, super fast and fun!

BUT: HERE'S THE CATCH: After installing the SC, this car no longer passes the stupid Colorado Emissions test. I am selling it WAY under its value because of this (I think). The main reason I'm selling it at all is that I moved and just can't afford to hang on to or store it any more. My heart is broken, but I hope to find it a new happy home.

For the right person this is the deal of the century on one of the best cars ever made.
Contact me if you're interested. Reply to this post to contact me.

- Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
2000 M5 for sale

Extremely interested. Andy please post exterior/interior pictures ASAP. Two questions: 1.) Is maintenance up to date with receipts of services performed (ex. Inspection 1&2, Vanos issues, etc). 2.) Where you able to determine by either contacting ESS Tuning or via a diagnostic test why vehicle is failing the emission's test? Finally, you failed to include asking price, VIN# and email in post; please do so in reply. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More Information from Seller...

Sorry for being such an idiot! In my dismay at having to sell the car, I forgot some important information.

Price: $21,000 USD or best offer
VIN: BZ94196

I have records for all maintenance performed on the car, oil changes, BMW services, etc. As far as I know the VANOS system is in great shape, but I don't have anything written that says that. The car was in a minor crash once (in 2005) with a deer. It was expertly repaired with no signs of frame or other damage. One front quarterpanel was replaced as well as the front air dam, headlamp, and hood.

Regarding emissions: I went round and round with Roman and Hans at ESS, and also my local BMW mechanic regarding the emissions problem. The Colorado test is an artificial load on a dyno that is "supposed" to simulate real driving conditions. One of the tests, the only one that fails in fact, is something like simulating driving up-hill under load at 1500 RPM, and during this test the NOx level is too high. ESS insists (after reviewing all of the emissions reports and graphs) that the car is tuned and running fine, and that it is the unrealistic test that is the problem.

I ended up registering it at a friend's house in another county that didn't have emissions requirements so I could renew the plates. As far as I know, it runs great.

Here are some more pictures. Thanks - Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
2000 M5 4 sale

First of all thanks for the update. When possible please post pictures of trunk and front and rear seats in full view as to assess degree of wear and tear. Two quick questions: 1.) Is your vehicle suffering from either wheel curb rash, instrument cluster dead pixels or rearview mirror issues? 2.) Was this vehicle listed for sale about 2 months ago in Autotrader and Cars.com through a Colorado dealership? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yet more info from seller

If you private message me on this board, I cannot reply !!!! (Cerberus - that's you)

Please include a way for me to contact you if you PM me - I do not have enough posts to reply to PMs on this board. Or email me directly at the address I already posted here.

Sirlopez - Yes, there is some minor curb rash on the wheels but not bad, easily repairable. The nav/computer screen on the dash works perfectly. The pixels in the display area under the spedo are mostly good, completely readable, but there are a couple of vertical rown that are intermittent - sometimes they all work, sometimes a row or two is out.

And yes, this is the same car that was advertized by a local dealer a couple of moths ago. I had it on consignment with Weisco Motorcars in Denver, but after they advertized it we cancelled the consignment deal for various reasons, one of which was the emissions issue (which Colorado Licensed Dealers are liable for if they sell a car).

I'll take more pictures this weekend and post the ones requested by Sirlopez.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Smoking deal! Sorry to hear that you have to part with her. Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
51 Posts
2000 M5 for sale

Sorry to bother you again but in my previous 2 posts I forgot to ask if the following options are installed: rear sunshades, M-Audio and rear split folding seats? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More information again

Sirlopez - Here are some more pictures of exterior and interior. I tried to get everything I know is wrong with the car, which isn't much. The interior is practically flawless, except for a little wear in the leather on the left support of the driver's seat (picture way zoomed in to show detail). The minor scratch in the paint is just behind the left rear wheel well and could likely be buffed out. There are a few very small rock-chips along the front of the hood that I couldn't even get a good picture of.

None of the options you asked about are installed (M-Audio, Split rear seats, sunshade).

Thanks to all for your interest in the car!
- Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
M5 for sale

Pictures appreciated. Auto is really in awesome shape. 2 quick questions: 1.) as to obtain a shipping quote can you please list city, state and zip code where vehicle is currently located at. 2.) will you be willing to subject vehicle to a BMW dealership performed PPI? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sirlopez - For a shipping quote you can use Broomfield, CO USA 80023. I'm not trying to hide anything, so I'd be happy to have the local dealer do a PPI, assuming you're willing to cover the cost for it whether you buy the car or not. Let me know if you need any more information.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is there a solution to the "unrealistic Test"?

Posted by andyfanton:
"Regarding emissions: I went round and round with Roman and Hans at ESS, and also my local BMW mechanic regarding the emissions problem. The Colorado test is an artificial load on a dyno that is "supposed" to simulate real driving conditions. One of the tests, the only one that fails in fact, is something like simulating driving up-hill under load at 1500 RPM, and during this test the NOx level is too high. ESS insists (after reviewing all of the emissions reports and graphs) that the car is tuned and running fine, and that it is the unrealistic test that is the problem.

I ended up registering it at a friend's house in another county that didn't have emissions requirements so I could renew the plates. As far as I know, it runs great.

Here are some more pictures. Thanks - Andy[/quote]"

andyfanton or anyone else?

Although I'm not in the position yet of having an M5 with a supercharger setup; however, your post is a subject of great interest to me.

After reading through the many posts in this forum, I fully understand that the people at ESS have created a truly wonderful system for the E39 M5, but with the Colorado State Emissions being what they are (unrealistic test), is there a way to either revise ESS's tune or have another company like Evolve create one that would compensate for Colorado Emission tests?

This is not intended to step on anyone's toes (ESS) by mentioning a competitor's name as a possible solution; however, for those in Colorado that are either hoping to have or already have either this system or a similar one would like to find a solution to the emissions issue as opposed to it simply being an "unrealistic test" and that's it.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2004 E46 ? Not out of the question - I could maybe have better luck selling that in Colorado (see my complaints about emissions). Email me info or a link :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please send me contact info in PMs !

Hey everyone - I really apprecaite all of the interest in my car. I have answerd lots of good questions and met some cool people who really appreciate the E39 M5. (I'm really sad to have to sell it...arrrgh!!) I have not yet received a firm offer, and I'll certainly let eveyone know if and when I do.

Please remember, if you send me a private message, be sure to include a way for me to contact you! I do not have enough posts here to reply :) It's probably best to email me directly at the address I posted earlier ([email protected]).

Please also identify yourself as a M5Board member when you email so I can tell you apart from the people who responded to an ad I (stupidly) posted on Craig's List :) Earlier today I mistook 930Chas for a CL responder and wasn't very kind to him :)

Thanks again everyone!
- Andy

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey everyone - I really apprecaite all of the interest in my car. I have answerd lots of good questions and met some cool people who really appreciate the E39 M5. (I'm really sad to have to sell it...arrrgh!!) I have not yet received a firm offer, and I'll certainly let eveyone know if and when I do.

Please remember, if you send me a private message, be sure to include a way for me to contact you! I do not have enough posts here to reply :) It's probably best to email me directly at the address I posted earlier ([email protected]).

Please also identify yourself as a M5Board member when you email so I can tell you apart from the people who responded to an ad I (stupidly) posted on Craig's List :) Earlier today I mistook 930Chas for a CL responder and wasn't very kind to him :)

Thanks again everyone!
- Andy
Andy, again no worries.:) Will chat with you later today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Deposit Accepted

Hello Everyone - Thanks again for all of the great positive responses to my ad. I have received a deposit from 930chas who it looks like will be the next happy owner of this beast.

If for any reason the deal doesn't complete (although I have every reason to believe it will), I'll let the others of you who were interested know. When the deal is done I'll post that here as well.

Thanks again, and I look forward to someday re-joining the E39 M5 owner community!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts