BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 BMW M5

Car is in Austin Texas. What you are looking at is one of the cleanest 2000 M5s on the planet. The M5 is a one-owner, purchased new in California. Owned and stored in a garage, driven about 2,000 miles a year. Both sets of original keys and valet key

Absolutely no paintwork, no accidents. No history, no issues. The Vanos system was replaced at an expense of $7,000 and the clutch was replaced for $5,000 both within the past 2 years.

The car is showroom new. The exterior is a solid 10. The interior is a solid 10. It's absolutely like new, in every single way. The car is ready for the museum. 200 miles on the Goodyear F1s all the way around.

Carpet has never had shoes on it- always covered with plastic. No dents. No dings. No scratches. No curb checks. The car is exactly as new, and I'll give you $100 cash for every scratch you find.

Receipts for all 15 service visits including

Mark III Navigation
Fans replaced
Replaced Alternator
Vanos Replacement L&R banks
Windshield Replaced 2004
LoJack installed at dealership
Brand new battery and alternator (May 2011) Always stored on a battery tender.

I am open minded on the sale, and I would even consider a trade for a much higher mileage M5 that is in excellent condition, or a V10 car (M5, M6, or M6 convertible)

512-560-0015

The Seat Bolsters on both sides are both flawless with no wear or tear.

The pedals have no wear on them.

Interior is as new.

Back seat= no rugrats in the back. The leather looks like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday.

There are some rugged plastic covers on the floorboards covering up the floormats. Over the top.

All of the receipts and books and records are included.
Navigation disks are included.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M5

Yes, the car is up on eBay.

Yeah, I used to own a motorcycle dealership back in 06 when I signed up on the forum, thus the screen name. This is my personal car though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
>jfrancis12 Did anyone ever smoke in the car?

No. No eating, either.

>Interesting to read the windshield was replaced. Leaking? Did I miss your price?

Windshield was replaced under warranty, if I remember correctly the windshield glue started to go dry out, and when they were fixing it they cracked the glass.

>Price?

I'm more interested in finding someone who is really going to enjoy the car. I've had a few offers from dealers @ $27,000 and that seems pretty close to market value in my mind. I'm open minded on the price, I'd much prefer to get to know and like the buyer, and know the car is in good hands.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Sweet. I was looking for a scratch (I could use $100) but couldn't see any. There's no reason that your car shouldn't fetch in the high twenties or more. If I didn't have my nearly identical car (but with more owners) I'd be all over this. GLWS!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet. I was looking for a scratch (I could use $100) but couldn't see any. There's no reason that your car shouldn't fetch in the high twenties or more. If I didn't have my nearly identical car (but with more owners) I'd be all over this. GLWS!

I think $28 is market on the car, but like I said I don't have much to compare it to, in terms of auction prices which are the true tale.

I personally don't care too much about bulk miles, or lack of miles or whatever. I'd drive a car with 100K miles that had service records over a car with 30K that has no service records. There are just too many variables that can come into play when maintenance is not known. Conversely, the best truck I ever owned had 50,000 miles on the original oil in the motor! Long story how that happened, but John thought Jim was maintaining the truck and Jim though John had it taken care of. Whoops. But after that, the truck ran like a top for another 300K. Fluke.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats! Very nice looking car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow, very sexy car! How much did you end up getting for it if you don't mind me asking?

I hope the new owner kept it as well as you did.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts