BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this listed on craigslist for 23,500 - http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/668589451.html

I will give an M5 Board discount if the buyer comes through this site. I am a Porsche / BMW enthusiast and take good care of my cars. As you all know the E39 M5 is truly a unique and awesome car. This car is bone stock except for the new tires, wheels and shocks (adjustable konis - see craigslist ad). If the buyer would like the powerchip program added to the package (this programming really does improve the E39 M5) I can add it for $500 (I have done a fair amount of business with them in the past and they have offered this to me at what is essentially half price). This car is an amazing value at the current prices (unfortunately for me) and should easily run for another few hundred thousand miles with proper care.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
Bill

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will consider reasonable offers - it is pretty amazing that these cars are selling at such low prices.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Might want to check the CL ad. This is what the link took me to.

This posting has expired.

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More info and pics -

Yeah - I noticed the CL ad expired yesterday. I thought they would e-mail me before it expired so I could repost it - guess not.

Here are some more details:

Rotors and pads are in good shape - new at around 65K and has not been driven hard since then. Tires and rims are nearly new. I also have a full size new spare tire on a new matching rim. I have a complete records history for the car - nothing exciting there, except the new shocks, which is a good thing. I would encourage the next owner to take me up on the Powerchip programming as that really is the best and safest modification for this car. I also have a new clutch kit that I bought a few years back anticipating that at some point the clutch would go - but it still feels fine at 95K. I have the Bentley E39 5 Series service manuals as well. I would like this car to sell fairly soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about $21K including the extra clutch kit, the Bentley manual and 3 quarts of the spendy oil this car likes. The car has just been smogged and registered for the next 12 months. The MAF sensors were also recently replaced.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Wow, bump for my old car......and for the seller who is a heck of a nice guy....(and who turned me "Out" to the world of seriously built Porsche TT's)

Bill, do you still have the 993TT and the 930??

Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Chris - thanks for the bump. We still have the 930 - Michele will never let that car go, but we sold the 993TT a few years back. I would love to keep the M5 but we have too many cars and I cannot bring myself to park this car in SF, where I commute to every day.

I wish I could figure out how to change to title of this thread to reflect the lowered price - maybe I have to repost.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I would post more pics...

I think thats the best interior (not just because it's the same as mine) - most agree...

good luck on the sale, nice car...

·
Registered
907 Posts
Repost Bill and I will add a few old pics I have as well....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts