pictures posted in the gallery (4/7/05) both E39 owners and by member name

Car is my Daily driver,
call 505-690-7833 , Tim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ALEV8 said:
drop your price if you want to sell..........
Thank You for the post. After reading this and viewing pictures, I would like for your input as to what you think would be fair (assuming a certain condition of course). It is the knowledge and input of M5 owners that help us learn about our beasts. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Ahh all the things I thought about as I was writing the ad but forgot to include.

My clutch should be in good shape because I do not have stop and go traffic in my commute.

I know the board members are very informed on M5's and my price included the soon to be needed service 2 and the changing of the water pump.

My car is still under warranty and during negotiations I was going to tell potential buyers, I would try to help get a sufficient after market warranty that would actually be worth something in their area. My brother is GM at a car dealership and I was going to have him try to identify an aftermarket warranty that would actually help the buyer. Basically if one is available, I would pay for it but it would be in the buyers name.

Thank you for reminding me that more information is better than assuming you can discuss it if someone is interested.

Regards,

Pranqster

·
Registered
366 Posts
My 2000 with 36,000 miles and the 1000,000 mi. CPO in flawless condition was $36,000.00. Titanium Silver and black with extended leather. 1 owner car. I have had the car maybe 3-4 weeks.

What warranty is still covering your car? Was the service warranty extended? 100K CPO is cheap, get it.

Red is harder to sell. No extended warranty. Drop your price. Needing a water pump? WTF?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ALEV8 said:
My 2000 with 36,000 miles and the 1000,000 mi. CPO in flawless condition was $36,000.00. Titanium Silver and black with extended leather. 1 owner car. I have had the car maybe 3-4 weeks.

What warranty is still covering your car? Was the service warranty extended? 100K CPO is cheap, get it.

Red is harder to sell. No extended warranty. Drop your price. Needing a water pump? WTF?
Most things I have read on this board and elsewhere recommend changing the water pump at 60,000 miles so I will do that. Plastic or metal the water pump is a weak link on our cars.

I have the BMW certified warranty 6 years or 100,000 miles but it expires (as yours may) at the end of six years from the in service date of the car. My in service date was January 26, 2000 so my current warranty from BMW expires January 26, 2006. My dealer tolsd me they have no additional warranties to sell. I may be able to find an aftermarket somewhere, but I need to research how reputable and finacially sound the aftermarket would be.

Regards

Pranqster

·
Registered
147 Posts
ALEV8 said:

Red is harder to sell only when you have the sport imola interior. The regular Imola red sells just fine. ;) As far as the price, I don't think that 39,000 is high especially since he has some CPO on it left. It just looks like you got a better deal. I would fix the water pump first though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts