BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

261 - 278 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Proper owner and enthusiast! Love the thread, subscribed
Thank you!

Your PDR guy is magic. It's incredible what those folks can do. Good tip on the molding as well, I have one that "sags" a bit.
Yeah, good PDR guy can save you a lot of money. That is why I always pay him what he asks!

Just went through all thirteen pages, thank you for sharing. Imola is my weakness on the E39, and yours is a stunning example.
All 13 pages! Man, you have some patience - thank you!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lovely imola!

Any info on the warning triangle? I want one :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
This won't fit, trust me - I went through probably 6 or 7 of different ones before I could find the one that fits properly.
Lovely imola!

Any info on the warning triangle? I want one :)

Apparently, BMW made two different trays that have different compartments for the triangle, and as such, different triangles too. Could you post a picture of the tray you have?

·
Registered
137 Posts
This won't fit, trust me - I went through probably 6 or 7 of different ones before I could find the one that fits properly.

Apparently, BMW made two different trays that have different compartments for the triangle, and as such, different triangles too. Could you post a picture of the tray you have?
Oh wow. I'm glad I asked. I have a MY 02/00

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Pre-LCI
P/N 71 60 1 092 427 Warning triangle w/ container [pre-05/00]
P/N 71 60 1 092 428 Warning triangle w/o container [pre-05/00]

Post LCI
P/N 71 60 1 095 457 Warning triangle w/ container [05/00+]
P/N 71 60 1 095 535 Warning triangle w/o container [05/00+]

So looks like you need 71 60 1 095 535

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Need to update the thread.
For now, how about a video of an Imola E39 M5 going through the gears on a "pandemic" empty back roads?

Reactions: jagz99

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yesssssss MOARRRRRR! Texas looks so strange to me driving around down there... compared to new england.

Reactions: TexaZ3

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Yesssssss MOARRRRRR! Texas looks so strange to me driving around down there... compared to new england.
Especially when nobody is on the streets! But then again, it was just a quiet neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
More empty Texas!
Went to the office on Sunday to pick up some stuff, couldn't pass up an opportunity to snap couple of pix in an empty garage!

Reactions: m5savvy

·
Registered
163 Posts
Great looking M5!; but, then I’m partial to the 2000 M5 in Imola Red. If that is Jones St. and 3rd, across from the Bass, I took a picture of mine on the top floor of that same garage right before the COVID craziness hit:

27DA4848-9761-475D-A2E0-59D5F46970A7.jpeg

·
Registered
923 Posts
Wow the surface of that garage sure looks identical, I bet it's the same place. Imola lookin so CHERRY in that garage there, and your front drop is perfect! What are you running up front, and are you on a square set of 65's, running spacers to clear the coilovers, or did you just lower it on springs?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Wow the surface of that garage sure looks identical, I bet it's the same place. Imola lookin so CHERRY in that garage there, and your front drop is perfect! What are you running up front, and are you on a square set of 65's, running spacers to clear the coilovers, or did you just lower it on springs?
It is the same garage.
Yup, I'm happy with how suspension is set up now. Stock size 65 up front, stock tire size, no spacers. Just lowered 3/4 inch on coils and nothing else.

Couple more pix:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Great looking M5!; but, then I’m partial to the 2000 M5 in Imola Red. If that is Jones St. and 3rd, across from the Bass, I took a picture of mine on the top floor of that same garage right before the COVID craziness hit:

View attachment 941367
Nice lineup - all yours?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
What coils you using?
BC-Rs 8K/6K springs. Check pages 10-11 of this thread for pics and installation.
Very happy with them so far.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Looks like I was already watching those suspension photos and install, it will be an excellent reference for me whenever I get around to doing this job too. Just curious, do you get any rattles from the BC rear shock adjusters sitting inside the speaker grilles?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Looks like I was already watching those suspension photos and install, it will be an excellent reference for me whenever I get around to doing this job too. Just curious, do you get any rattles from the BC rear shock adjusters sitting inside the speaker grilles?
Umm, not really, not that I noticed.
That suspension transformed the car - I absolutely love it.

261 - 278 of 278 Posts