BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Very nice! Did you just spray simple green to power wash under the car or something stronger like engine degreaser?
Yep, that's is pretty much exactly what I did. Simple green, lots of scrubbing, then powerwash and dry.
Amazing what a good cleaning can do.

great thread man, i went through every page. its really nice to see other enthusiasts picking these up and treating them the way they deserve!
Thanks, I'm having a blast with this car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Love my carbon black, but damn. Almost now wishing I got Imola red lol. Looks stunning! Need to replace the kidney grills on mine and will go the same route as you. The standard 5 series grills give the car a cleaner look in my opnion.

Finally got my dashboard leather repaired and funny enough I don't need to recolor my rear headrest. Soaked the suckers in leatherique and after about 12 hours, I cleaned them up with pristine clean an they look brand new! I remember leatherique being great, but not that good lol. Just glad I can finally get my beast back together and start driving it again. I'll post a seperate thread for everyone to read once I get it sorted. Reading yours just inspires me more. Keep up the awesome work man

Sent from Uranus with Love.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Love my carbon black, but damn. Almost now wishing I got Imola red lol. Looks stunning! Need to replace the kidney grills on mine and will go the same route as you. The standard 5 series grills give the car a cleaner look in my opnion.

Finally got my dashboard leather repaired and funny enough I don't need to recolor my rear headrest. Soaked the suckers in leatherique and after about 12 hours, I cleaned them up with pristine clean an they look brand new! I remember leatherique being great, but not that good lol. Just glad I can finally get my beast back together and start driving it again. I'll post a seperate thread for everyone to read once I get it sorted. Reading yours just inspires me more. Keep up the awesome work man

Haha, thanks!
Good news about the headrests.

The car looks awesome. My inner OCD was so satisfied seeing those wheel wells clean up..
Yep, they look good now. I don't ever see them, but I know they are there!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Small update - finally fixed the thing that bothered me pretty much since I bought the car. The left headlight finisher had a plastic nub that hooks on the fender broken off, and looked bad - not quite like the picture below, but bad.

While I managed to have it pushed in and sort of sitting on the lower headlight lip via the gasket, it was never quite right, and the gap between the finisher and the fender was obvious. Finally, I decided it was time to tackle this little cosmetic imperfection. Took the headlight off:

4 bolts and its out. Make sure you disconnect all the wiring first. A bit dirty there, need to cleanup!

So you can clearly see the nub is broken off. The solution was to replace it with something, well - something! A screw with a large head was as good as anything - so I drilled a hole:

And screwed a screw with a large head in. Also cleaned the headlight lens and housing too (you can see in the background):

All assembled back, and now the feng shui is restored.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What type of screw did you use? I need to do this to both of my headlight trim pieces. Bugs the crap out of me

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Great fix. I did this a while ago as well.
Oh, so I guess they fail often? Didn't realize it, my other side is fine.
But yeah, looks way better now.

What type of screw did you use? I need to do this to both of my headlight trim pieces. Bugs the crap out of me

Honestly, just first random screw with a screw head that was large enough in my estimation to fit somewhat snug into the fender.
It was bugging the hell out of me too!

Seems to be a common problem. Fixed mine with a random piece of plastic and some JBWeld.
Yup, that would work too, I just didn't have any JB weld laying around and went with the next best solution. :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #230

·
Registered
846 Posts
You mother F...... that picture deserves to be in next year's calendar, just swap the M5 for the M3 and re-take it! Please, I need this on my wall for the upcoming year!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
You have an amazing stable my man.
You mother F...... that picture deserves to be in next year's calendar, just swap the M5 for the M3 and re-take it! Please, I need this on my wall for the upcoming year!
Haha, thanks gents!
Hard to catch the light this way again. This pic was literally me and my kid getting out of the car after a shopping trip and I turned around and was like - I think its a nice pic!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I legit read this entire post, this is just awesome. I can't wait to start my thread on mine when I finally pick it up this month. you live in Dallas? I'm located in El Paso.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
I legit read this entire post, this is just awesome. I can't wait to start my thread on mine when I finally pick it up this month. you live in Dallas? I'm located in El Paso.
Thanks, I'm in Fort Worth actually.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
///M5RRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Ahhh the scratches the horror of the scratches from those needles!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Ahhh the scratches the horror of the scratches from those needles!!!

Nah, they are soft plastic stuff. All good.

I have some of the same cars but much less exciting colors... a wise man once said “color me jelly”

Thanks!

I needa get my trim TRULY back to black like that... what’s your secret? Mine is 02 64k miles

Literally, back to black.

221 - 240 of 256 Posts