BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, I have to part ways with my car due to some issues that came up. I've owned the car since August of 2009. When I bayou gut the car it had 71k miles. It has given me absolutely no problems at all except for routine maintenance. I will list all maintenance I've performed over the years if I can remember everything along with all mods as well. I don't have many pics yet as the car is garaged and haven't had much time to take good pictures. If you are interested p.m. Me and I will try to get pics over to you along with any questions you might have. Thanks

Basic info:
2000 m5 with a build date of 11/99 I believe. It's black on black with wood grain accents. Extended leatherpackage
The car just broke 100k miles. Drives perfect.

Maintenance since I've owned it:
Frequent oil changes every 2500 miles with Lubro Moly 10/60 only.
Full tune up including spark plugs, fuel filter, air filters, cabin filters performed less than 500 miles ago.
I just changed oil separators and hoses about a month ago.
New front thrust arms done with corresponding bushings
New original rotors and pads all around with rebuilt calipers With steal braided break lines
New clutch done 3000 miles ago
Transmission and diff flushed and new fluids
New camshaft position sensors
New Vanos solenoid seals

Upgrades:
-I just installed Evolve medusa headers, removed the cats and put a custom x-pipe through B&B mufflers. The whole exhaust system is 2 3/4 inch stainless steel. Sounds amazing with no drone at all. Video available also.
-Evolve Alpha-N tune with 7000rpm limiter, de-cat, secondary air pump delete, and sport button memory.
-new Bilstein struts all around.
-H&R springs about 1 inch drop
- AC shnitzer front and rear sway bars with poly bushings
-original Hella facelift auto-adjusting headlights
-Hella LED tail lights
- 16:9 navigation screen with MK4 DVD navigation compute
-brand new BBS LM rep wheels. 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear with Bridgestone pole position tires. Less than 200 miles on them.

The car made 314whp on a mustang Dyno before any upgrades. I dynoed at 387whp 392tq after all exhaust and tune was performed on the same Dyno. I have the sheet available as well.

Cons:
The car shows an accident in 1/00. Still don't know where it was hit. All paint shines great after an extensive paint correction. It also has two very small parking lot dents on the passenger side rear door that were there since I bought the car but didn't want to do any extensive body work.

The car really needs nothing. I'm sure I'm forgetting something that I'll remember after I post this. (Lol) it's a great daily driver or weekend cruiser. It really does turn heads when it goes down the road. I hate to sell it but some personal things came up and unfortunately I need to sell it.
I'm asking $19,500 but I'm a little negotiable. Thanks for looking. PM me for pics and more info cheers..

Attachments

·
Registered
680 Posts
So you made almost 80hp gains with headers and tune??

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes. Headers, decat, xpipe and AlphaN tune
Agreed! I have a similar tune and had similar gains. If the s62 is given a chance to breath it is a 500HP rated system. Bump for a nice spec beast. This would cost at least $5-7k to do, thus I think this car is priced well. GL with the sale.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed! I have a similar tune and had similar gains. If the s62 is given a chance to breath it is a 500HP rated system. Bump for a nice spec beast. This would cost at least $5-7k to do, thus I think this car is priced well. GL with the sale.
Yes, the exhaust did indeed cost me around 7500 with labor. Well worth it from the gains. Thanks for the bump! ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts