BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
Im selling my 2000 euro model M5. description: royal red metalic with black leather, direct cold air intake with a ECU upgrade with 438hp, rare anti dazzle mirror glass (european spec) which cost $500 a piece, european suspension set up, PDC, etc, etc. Im asking about $40995, please e-mail me on [email protected] for any questions or pictures. :cheers: cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
jags said:
hello all,
Im selling my 2000 euro model M5. description: royal red metalic with black leather, direct cold air intake with a ECU upgrade with 438hp, rare anti dazzle mirror glass (european spec) which cost $500 a piece, european suspension set up, PDC, etc, etc. Im asking about $40995, please e-mail me on [email protected] for any questions or pictures. :cheers: cheers.
UH-par-doan my ignorance. But what is "anti dazzle mirror glass" and how have I lived this long with out it? Would pics show a difference? Thanks for the time.

KCD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically the side mirrors dim at night time when the headlights behind you are too bright, they're also have a curve on the edges so there's no blind spots.

kcdoyle said:
UH-par-doan my ignorance. But what is "anti dazzle mirror glass" and how have I lived this long with out it? Would pics show a difference? Thanks for the time.

KCD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
jags said:
Basically the side mirrors dim at night time when the headlights behind you are too bright, they're also have a curve on the edges so there's no blind spots.
Hmmm. For some reason I thought all M5's had this.

Thanks for the info!

KCD
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,455 Posts
kcdoyle said:
Hmmm. For some reason I thought all M5's had this.

Thanks for the info!

KCD
I think they do have the dimming mirrors, but the glass may be different. We have the "objects may be closer than they appear" aspheric pass mirror, euro cars have asphericity at the outer edge of the mirrors only, to give a wider angle view.
Curious about this cai that is good for 38hp though!
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I import Euro cars for a living... the Euro M5 drives diffently compared to the US model. Its more of a drivers car rather than a coffee drinking US M5 (no offense to my fellow drivers). We took pictures of this car going off the clock at 7000rpm, give me a shout the next time your in Fremont.



mottati said:
I think they do have the dimming mirrors, but the glass may be different. We have the "objects may be closer than they appear" aspheric pass mirror, euro cars have asphericity at the outer edge of the mirrors only, to give a wider angle view.
Curious about this cai that is good for 38hp though!
Mike
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top