BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is Ryan from E39Source! Many of you may know me from YouTube. I am excited to offer this 2000 BMW E39 M5 for sale! Nearly 10 years ago, I purchased a 2000 M5 for myself. I was quickly disappointed with the lack of quality DIY content and online service/repair information available, so I made a YouTube channel called E39Source and started documenting the work that I did. I have made over 500 repair, DIY, informational, and entertainment based videos since. Our mission is to promote the global preservation of the BMW E39 5 Series (1994-2003), specializing with the pinnacle model, the M5.

PHOTOS: BZ96310

This particular M5 is 1:85 produced for the North American market. Here are some specifics:

VIN: WBSDE9348YBZ96310
Production Date: 4/19/2000
Exterior Color: Titanium Silver Metallic (354)
Interior: Sport, full-leather Silverstone (O6SS)
Current Mileage: 138,xxx

Options:
  • Full leather (very RARE in two-tone sport interior)
  • PDC (park distance control)
  • 60/40 split folding rear seats with ski bag
Upgrades:
  • MKIII navigation computer with the latest ///M custom firmware (3-1/65)
  • 16:9 widescreen navigation display
  • BMW E60 545i short shifter
  • Jed’s unicorn nugget front differential bushing
  • Factory HomeLink garage door opener
  • Hella facelift headlights with new aluminum adjusters and Euro-spec DJ Auto lenses
  • Titan line interior trim
  • Leather illuminated M5 shift knob
Vitals:
  • Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 tires
  • 275/35ZR18 rears (5/32 tread remaining 06/17 and 17/16 production)
  • 245/40ZR18 fronts (7/32 tread remaining, both 21/18 production)
  • More than 50% brake pads remaining front and rear
  • Rotors appear to be quite fresh (no lip)
  • Fresh fluids and filters
  • ZERO leaks
  • Fully functioning as designed
  • No stored error/fault codes
Recent Maintenance:

• October, 2017 120,703 miles
    • Fuel pump
    • Fuel filter
    • Trunk lid struts
    • Windshield wipers
  • October, 2019 136,028 miles
    • Wheel speed sensor brackets
    • Rear fender liners
    • Rear ‘mud’ flaps
    • Calibrate/tighten parking brake
    • Rear door lock actuator
    • Gas cap with tether
  • November, 2019 136,043 miles
    • PDC sensor
    • Hood latches
    • Hood latch cables
    • Motor mounts
    • AUC sensor
    • Valve cover gaskets (both cylinder heads)
    • NGK spark plugs (8)
    • Engine air filters
    • Cabin air filters
    • Transmission mounts
    • Shifter carrier bushings (all)
    • Front and rear differential bushings
    • Driveshaft center support bearing
    • Front sway bar end links
    • Rear windshield gaskets/seals
    • Front curved control arms
    • Driveshaft centering sleeve
    • Lower oil pan gasket
    • Oil level sensor gasket
    • Oil change and filter (Castrol Edge Supercar 10w60 full synthetic)
    • Power steering hoses
    • Power steering reservoir
    • Turn signal stalk
    • 4-wheel alignment
    • Tire balance
  • January, 2020 138,000 miles
    • Coolant flush
    • Brake fluid flush
    • Power steering fluid flush
All of these upgrades and service items are fully documented, and the records/receipts will be provided in a 3-ring binder and an Excel spreadsheet that lists the installation date, parts, part numbers, mileage, vendor, etc.

This M5 is fully serviced, functioning, and should provide several years of maintenance free operation! I have personally completed all of the aforementioned services and upgrades. I have also extensively tested this vehicle over 2,000 miles. There are zero pending concerns, warning lights, leaks, noises, etc. I know the E39 very well and know what to look for. This M5 does NOT suffer from any of the normal E39 failures such as missing dashboard pixels, mirrors that don’t fold, wet rear carpets from leaking vapor barriers, service engine soon light, broken cup holders, etc etc). I have spent well over 150 hours working on and under this car. Those of you who know me or have seen my videos know that I have an eye for detail. I found a few aftermarket plastic fasteners on this car, which I replaced with OEM components. Everything is in order!

Condition:
This M5 is in very good condition inside and out. It does display some minor and normal wear for a 20 year old vehicle, such as: bumper covers, front seats, paint blemishes/small door dings. More detailed photos available upon request!

I purchased this vehicle from an insurance auction with a salvage title. Carfax indicates that the vehicle spent most of its life in Maryland before arriving in California in June of 2019. A complete Carfax is available and included in the service binder. There are 3 damage reports on the Carfax, one of them yielding the salvage title. I see absolutely no reason as to why this car was salvaged. We recently had this M5 inspected by a state certified inspector. The vehicle passed all safety and mechanical inspections to enable a rebuilt title designation, which will be issued to the buyer. The inspections include brakes, lights, and CA smog.

$16,999 I feel that the asking price is appropriate for the rarity, condition, and effort that I have invested into this car. Serious inquiries only, please. I will not consider disrespectful offers.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Black gauges FTW! Goodluck with sale, this looks to be a nice example

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ryan you have a great YouTube channel. I have enjoyed watching many hours of your videos.

Your channel has been very helpful with many good DIYs.

Beautiful M5 you have listed for sale, GLWTS!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ryan - good luck with the sale, I purchased my second M5 last year (same exact car as yours!) and found your write ups and videos very useful.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the kind words!

UPDATE: This M5 for sale has been upgraded to a MKIV navigation computer with 2015 maps (latest available). I have also done a brake fluid flush, transmission fluid change, and differential fluid change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
nice and clean the way it should be.

do you have vid of installing alum adjusters for headlights? I did mine with the same but I cant get them to adjust and they are set in a fixed position which isn't functional.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice and clean the way it should be.

do you have vid of installing alum adjusters for headlights? I did mine with the same but I cant get them to adjust and they are set in a fixed position which isn't functional.
I purchased the headlights in this car from somebody who had already replaced the adjusters, so I didn't DIY it or do a video. Have you checked other M5Board articles or searched YouTube?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i did the metal adjusters myself. not much info
I purchased the headlights in this car from somebody who had already replaced the adjusters, so I didn't DIY it or do a video. Have you checked other M5Board articles or searched YouTube?
out there since they are pricey and the plastics costs way less but will last a few more years at least.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, this is Ryan from E39Source! Many of you may know me from YouTube. I am excited to offer this 2000 BMW E39 M5 for sale! Nearly 10 years ago, I purchased a 2000 M5 for myself. I was quickly disappointed with the lack of quality DIY content and online service/repair information available, so I made a YouTube channel called E39Source and started documenting the work that I did. I have made over 500 repair, DIY, informational, and entertainment based videos since. Our mission is to promote the global preservation of the BMW E39 5 Series (1994-2003), specializing with the pinnacle model, the M5.
Bump for a true E39 enthusiast. I've enjoyed watching your E39 videos and perusing your blog back in the day when I had my M. The first video I came across of yours was of you going over your dad's E60. What's next for you?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Have enjoyed your channel. This car is almost a celebrity in our niche world. GL with the sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts