BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ~

Today I had a chance to Dyno test my car. I didnt wanted to do this because my car is a complete stock!!! But my friends were

recommending it because this is the only way to find out what my cars build status is and how the engine performs. Also they

were keep telling me to do it , because my car was in a complete stock condition. I guess it was good to have a stock data ~ so

you could compare it with once you do some tune ups.

Anyhow , after two other guys that dirve m5s , finally it was my turns to go ~~

To give you a brief info about my car

2000 E39 M5 Ti silver. with 50331miles on the dash.

Muffler delete

Everything stock.

93 octane AKI

Best result was 341.51 RWHP wit 45.41 kg/ m ( I dont know how much this is in Lb/ft)

Anyway what do you think about my cars status???? In good shape??? Is this is the performance you could expect from a 10 years old M5?

Also could you say it is possible that I have burned off some carbon build ups in the engine compartment during the Dyno run. ??

People say that , to reduce the carbon build up in an engine ~ It is best to drive your M5 real hard . But on the street you could never revit

like you do on the Dyno.

If my results are below the average , what can I do to make my car perfrom well.

Do EVOLVE CAI and EUC reflash by Powerchip and add EVOLVE headers????

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
(45.41 kg/m) x (2.20462262 lbs/kg) x (0.304799999536704 m/ft) = 30.51 lbs/ft

That doesn't sound right, but the math is (edit) not.

Edit:

(45.41 m kg) x (2.20462262 lbs/kg) x (3.28084 ft/m) = 328.45 ft lbs

Thanks lugnuts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The HP sounds right to me! Assuming an 18% drivetrain loss, you are at 402.98HP.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the comment

The HP sounds right to me! Assuming an 18% drivetrain loss, you are at 402.98HP.

thank you for your comment . Then again am I with in the right power range for a 2000 M5 ??
Also my friend has a full Super sprint exhaust set up 2000 M5 with everything stock and his m5 only did 347!! Is this the right out put???
I mean his car had A FULL Ehxuaust system !!

·
Registered
832 Posts
thank you for your comment . Then again am I with in the right power range for a 2000 M5 ??
Also my friend has a full Super sprint exhaust set up 2000 M5 with everything stock and his m5 only did 347!! Is this the right out put???
I mean his car had A FULL Ehxuaust system !!
Did he have it tuned though?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Seems you got a pretty healthy beast there!

If your friend has a full exhaust,but stock exhaust manifolds(headers),there will be not really a HP gain.

We will work something out,to get you an EVOLVE package with headers,CAI and remap!

Should bring your car in the 440HP area;)

Is your car LHD or RHD?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems you got a pretty healthy beast there!

If your friend has a full exhaust,but stock exhaust manifolds(headers),there will be not really a HP gain.

We will work something out,to get you an EVOLVE package with headers,CAI and remap!

Should bring your car in the 440HP area;)

Is your car LHD or RHD?
Hello Sir ~~

my friends M5 had full system from headers to end ~~ But with STOCK ECU and everything STOCK even the air filters.
So maybe thats why his only did 6more HP than mine Right????
Now I am relieved , since some one professonal like you commented about the cars performence....hihahiha
However since I know how much my car performs I guess I have a mission to keep it this way ~!!!:wroom:

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Good numbers, even for a dynojet. But I had to LOL at that fan! :rofl:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hahaha, I just noticed that fan. Before seeing the fan I remember thinking how nice, clean and official the facility looked. :viking:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:D:D

Sorry for the misunderstanding guys ~~~ The actuall fan in installed infront of the car ~~ which is blocked by the hood ~~ :biggrin:

You gotta be kidding me I would let them Dyno my car with that little fan ~~~:D

Now that you mentioned, it does look like my car is getting cooled by that small fan ~~hahahahahahaha..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hahaha, I just noticed that fan. Before seeing the fan I remember thinking how nice, clean and official the facility looked. :viking:
Sorry for the misunderstanding guys ~~~ The actuall fan in installed infront of the car ~~ which is blocked by the hood ~~ :biggrin:

You gotta be kidding me I would let them Dyno my car with that little fan ~~~:D

Now that you mentioned, it does look like my car is getting cooled by that small fan ~~hahahahahahaha..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You sure you don't have any software? That is on the high side for hp for a stock M5. Is that the "corrected" hp?
Hello ~ My car is in bone stock... I kinda feel happy , that you felt this result was unsual.

The chart was the one that I got from the computer right after the dyno . So I guess the numbers were not changed.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hey Ben ~~

My firend's M5 has full exhaust ~~ from headers to end ~ BUT hi had STOCK ECU, aitfilters and everything stock.

....Probably thats why his only did 6 more HP right??
No point getting a full exhaust done if you're not going to get a tune done afterwards.
But by full exhaust do you mean headers, CATS and rear mufflers? That's what full exhaust means to me.
There are cases of cars losing power after having headers/exhaust manifolds installed.

Vantaa, I'm in the market for headers. Looking at SS but I'll be paying more for RHD.
Can you PM me about Evolves?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts