BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: all
We have a 2000 m5,, production is November 1999,,we just changed it is rod bearing.
Car has 168500 miles ,,271000 km.
Car is in a good shape . But with 168500 miles we thought to change its rod bearing as preventive.
This the pic.
Tell me what do you think?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Smart to get it done now. I mean I 've seen worse on cars with lower miles (mostly E60's lol), but yours were definitely due. Though I'm impressed they made it to 168k for a early 2000 MY car. Good sign it was taken care of indeed.

Did you replace them with stock bearings or go for the WPC treated ones?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smart to get it done now. I mean I 've seen worse on cars with lower miles (mostly E60's lol), but yours were definitely due. Though I'm impressed they made it to 168k for a early 2000 MY car. Good sign it was taken care of indeed.

Did you replace them with stock bearings or go for the WPC treated ones?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Did it with stock ones.

·
Registered
01 Carbon/Silverstone Exhaust: Jedders-HJS high flow cats-resonator delete-Xpipe-Eisenman cans
2,547 Posts
IDK center wear is there but edges and tangs look good. I think you would have been good to 200.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look pretty decent. There is wear and If your that deep I’d replace them and any other normal wear parts you encounter. Why not. You’ve got access and obviously care enough to dig into it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Were you doing upper oil pan and figured while you were at it?
Or why did you bother?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts