BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

For sale is my beloved 2000 e39 M5. I have owned the car for 6 years now, and have enjoyed my ownership experience.

Purchased the car in late 2014 (w/approx. 117k miles) primarily as a weekend cruiser, and to hone my mechanical skillsets when needed.

Last CarFax from 2014 says the car had 5 previous owners, which would make me owner #6. Car has a clean title, no accidents.

Is she perfect? NO! Is she a great car? ABSOLUTELY!

Here is a list of the work that has been completed on the car during my ownership:

11/21: Installed WeatherTech Floormats
11/21: Installed Technical Graphite Interior Trim Kit
11/21: Full front and rear suspension refresh kits installed plus alignment (Dinan Lowering Springs/Bilstein Shocks + Front/Rear Refresh Kits/Dinan Bump Stops)
10/21: Transmission fluid drain and refill.
10/21: Passenger side MAF Sensor.
10/21: Replaced all 8 Ignition Coils (Bavarian AutoSport) & NGK Spark Plugs.
10/21: Oil changed (Liqui-Moly 10W-60, Full Synthetic)
8/21: A/C Recharged.
7/21: All 4 Brake Calipers Powdercoated Satin Grey, and rebuilt (New seals, boots, etc), + several Brake fluid flush and fill sessions as well as the Clutch.
3/21: Battery replaced.
1/18: Interior Rear view mirror sent out and permanently repaired by Radar-Mirror.com.
7/17: Windshield Washer system refresh (Washer reservoir, nozzles, hoses, all replaced).
3/17: Sent out instrument cluster for repair due to bad pixels.
9/16: Replaced both exhaust oxygen sensors.
4/16: Replaced Front windshield Rubber Sealing Gasket.
11/15: Replaced Pre-Cat Oxygen sensors.
11/15: Replaced rear sway bar brackets with BeastPower brackets.
11/15: Muffler Delete performed.
10/15: Replaced both front wheel hubs w/bearings, Front and Rear Brake Rotors and pads and brake wear sensors.
6/15: Replaced Differential w/80K mile unit. Output seals recently replaced on 'newer' diff.
6/15: Replaced driveshaft with remanufactured unit (new CV Joint, U-joint and Center Support Bearing). Replaced Guibo and CJ joint rubber gasket.
5/15: Replaced Main Fuel Pump Assembly and Fuel tank seal.
4/15: Replaced passenger side MAF sensor.
4/15: Replaced fuel filter and crush washer.
4/15: Replaced Transmission mounts with UUC mounts.
4/15: Replaced both engine mounts.
1/15: Replaced Lower Timing Chain tensioner.
1/15: Replaced Power Steering reservoir, send and return hoses, O-rings, flushed and refilled Power Steering fluid.
12/14: Purchased car.

Lots of little stuff that I did not list above. Have receipts and maintenance spreadsheet for the next prospective owner to review.

The car is pretty much bone stock with the exception of the Muffler Delete, the Dinan Springs/Bilsteins, and the Technical Graphite Trim kit.

Body - 6/10
Front end has rock chips, and could use a re-spray, same with rear bumper.
Tilt function on passenger side rear view mirror is inoperable.
Minimal gas tank rust.
Rear PDC intermittently makes a bunch of noise when backing up. Two new PDC sensors included with sale.
Headlights are original and could use a refresh. Gaskets will need replacing soon.

Interior - 7/10
Leather is in pretty good condition for it's age. Could use a re-dye, if you are the picky type. Driver seat has some stitching coming loose (as seen in photo closeups).
Driver door inner weatherstripping is tattered, and kind of an eyesore, but no leaks.

Engine - 6/10
Startup noise on cold days. No noise other than usual Vanos sounds once started.

Wheels/Tires - 6/10
Powdercoated gunmetal grey 6 years ago, and starting to show their age. Minor curb rash on wheels (see photos of each wheel for details).

Asking $20,499 or best offer.

Current mileage is: 139,718. Mileage will increase slightly as it drives great, especially after having the suspension replaced. If you do not want me to drive it, make me an offer!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
This car is very very nice! I personally have seen it and worked on it! Glws!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, lots of interest in the car! Updating listing to answer some common questions that I have been asked over the last 24 hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts