BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there! My husband and I are selling our beautiful 2000 BMW M5 on Cars&Bids right now and we are curious if anyone knows how to acquire the production numbers for how many were made and how many were brought to the US? It’s the rare AVUS blue with the Lemans blue and black leather seats, really awesome car! We’d love to have that information for the ad as it’s a really cool thing about these E39’s in the AVUS blue! Here is the link to our Cars&Bids listing if anyone is curious to see it! 😊

Thank you!!
-Jaiden

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice looking M5. I have a 2000 Avus with Silverstone Sport interior. I prefer Avus over LeMans and I have owned both. I also prefer the way the 2000 models look.

In the US there were 13 Avus Blue M5s with LeMans Blue Sport extended leather interior like yours.

There were a total of 202 Avus Blue E39 M5s sold in the US.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow that is amazing! Thank you so much for responding to my question. Do you mind if I ask where you found those production numbers from so that I can verify them before I add the numbers to my ad?
Again thank you so much!

Nice looking M5. I have a 2000 Avus with Silverstone Sport interior. I prefer Avus over LeMans and I have owned both. I also prefer the way the 2000 models look.

In the US there were 13 Avus Blue M5s with LeMans Blue Sport extended leather interior like yours.

There were a total of 202 Avus Blue E39 M5s sold in the US.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hi,

The online sites which cover production numbers, colours and interiors etc are not 100% accurate. For your query, this is one site which allows filter by exterior colour and interior options

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
10,659 Posts
I ask where you found those production numbers from so that I can verify them
I must agree with Dennis about accuracy, they are close though. Not sure if two with the same answer is correct, or if the odds favor the different result is actually correct because it has more detail? See this thread for some other sources with info on your specific model year and build date. You have to use the M5Portal as info only, it is a snapshot of a closed site and no longer has any interactive features.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Dennis! Very much appreciated, this was helpful! 😊🙏🏼

Hi,

The online sites which cover production numbers, colours and interiors etc are not 100% accurate. For your query, this is one site which allows filter by exterior colour and interior options

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! 🙏🏼😊

I must agree with Dennis about accuracy, they are close though. Not sure if two with the same answer is correct, or if the odds favor the different result is actually correct because it has more detail? See this thread for some other sources with info on your specific model year and build date. You have to use the M5Portal as info only, it is a snapshot of a closed site and no longer has any interactive features.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts