BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try to post this one more time with a New Price $11,500

After much deliberation I am selling my 2000 BMW E39 M5. Here is your chance to own one of the best cars ever made. If you are reading this you probably know what you are looking at. This is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, a sleeper, a sedan with great handling and almost 400hp that can do a sub 5 sec 0-60.

My car is anthracite metallic with the black interior and has just about all of the factory options except the back-up sensors. It is a 6 speed manual with, the suede headliner, Moonroof, leather dash cover, Ski Pass thru, and even the factory badge delete option which takes off all of the external M badges (Stealthy).

Other non-factory options include: K40 concealed radar detector, Newer widescreen DVD NAV and BMW factory Bluetooth phone pairing.
The car has just over 150,000 miles. It’s seen both coasts and a lot of America in between. I have used only Mobile 1 oil since I bought her in ’06. The digital part of the dash (which used to be a known problem with these cars) was replaced by BMW in Des Moines and has no dead pixels. The clutch and the transmission replaced were a couple years ago at 120k. (No longer has Dinan as in my profile sig. I just noticed that) I also have the current clean carfax.

This car has served me very well and I would love to keep it. It is probably the best car I will ever own but we have decided that we have too many vehicles and the sedan just won’t do all the things we need. The car cost $72,000 on the sticker, now she can be yours for

Cheers
Brendan

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Beautiful car and good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somebody make me an offer I have to move this car.

Cheers
Brendan

Reactions: izzmo

·
Registered
2 Posts
The car really seems to be in a great condition and I would love to purchase it. But before that I just need a quick discussion with my family as they will also have to approve since we will be buying a used car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought all M5's had black window trim. Was this car's trim replaced with the stainless, or did it come like that from the factory. Looks like a nice car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
PM me with addt. info and pics please...thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Silver
I might have sold it last night. Nothing has exchanged hands yet but sounds like a done deal.

I'll post the result and PM you if the deal falls thru.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ok...thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude backed out. Divorce lawyers Blaa Blaa Blaa.

So my 5 is still fair game.

Cheers
Brendan

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have created a web page so I can respond to everyone's questions all at once. Includes inspection report from the failed sale and explanations and photos of the findings.

www.stonehousetap.com/forsale/m5/BMW-M5.html

Cheers
Brendan
Don't worry about the free mutipoint inspection that lost you the original deal. IMO its a bad way to get an unbiased account of a vehicles condition. Looking at the results of the multipoint inspection it appears that they were just trying to produce some revenue. I just went through a similar situation on a E39 MSport that I had for sale. I had a potential buyer from Boston interested in the car and he wanted a PPI, a customary expectation and the shop that did the PPI( Import Car Center) completely misrepresented the vehicle. Just to give you an idea my suspension is a Dinan with the Koni Sport struts and the technician wrote the car had a bilstein set-up even though the struts said koni. The tech also said the power steering hoses were leaking, valve cover gaskets and needs new fuel filter (all of which were changed less than one year ago). long story short the potential buyer backed out because he was not sure what to believe based upon what I told him about the car, the documented history and findings of the PPI done by Import Car Center. Fortunately there was a lot of interest in my car and the next person on the list had a PPI performed by an independent German Auto shop and it passed with flying colors. So here is my point, shops just looking for revenue will have a tendency to right up things for gravy revenue in hopes of getting some work out of the deal. I felt bad for the first potential buyer because he spent $178 for a PPI that misrepresented the BMW for sale and a shop that was completely dishonest.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The car is sold!

Left today and I'm a bit sad to see my beast go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts