BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooooo, I came across this ad on kijiji.ca (similar to craigslist) and thought I'd give it a shot and ask the owner...what's up???

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-over-5K-BEAUTIFUL-2000-BMW-W0QQAdIdZ37046216

Somehow, it went from being in Calgary to being in Serbia...ouich...
It'd be interesting to see what the carfax says about the VIN if anybody here still has it.

I sent the "owner" (and I use that term loosely) an email expressing my interest and here's his response. I'm now waiting to see if the car is actually in Calgary or in Serbia, since I was going to pick it up from Calgary myself ;)

Oh, and the email name says Timothy McGowan, but he signs it "Stephen"...

Hello and thanks for your interest in my car,
The Bmw is in perfect working condition. My experienced technician has fully checked out this car and gives it a special high rating, it has a CLEAR and CLEAN TITLE, a great history and mechanically without any problems ever, safety check and pre-delivery inspection along with a fresh servicing before I ship or deliver the vehicle. It now has 65488 miles on the odometer ( mostly highway). manual transmission. The vin # is: WBSDE9347YBZ97240, you can do a Carfax and see that the car is perfect in any way. There are no loans or liens on the car, I paid it in full. The car is registered on my name in Calgary/AB, so you will have no problems whatsoever registering it in your name. Along with the car, i will send you the Title, signed by me and notarized. As I mentioned in my ad, the M5 is absolutely flawless in every way, both mechanic and cosmetic. Never raced, never involved in any accident. The interior is spotless, the leather is as new, the car was never smoked in.
I have the pics of the car hosted on the following address (just click on the link below):
http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh45/stephen37-2008/Bmw/
There are about 31 pics, you can really see this beauty from all angles!
I hope you are serious in your intention for buying, don`t take it personally, but I had many problems with fake buyers in the past. So if you decide on buying the car, I want the deal closed only through eBay's Safe Purchase program. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold your money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it, eBay will release your payment to me, in this way we are both protected. If you are not happy with the car, eBay will fully refund your payment, and the car will be shipped back to me on my expense.
I am located in Beograd,Serbia. I married and moved here 2 months ago, because my wife is from here.
My final price on it is $8700 CAD. I know it may seem low, but i find it reasonable. I have no use for the car here anyway.
Shipping is free for you. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. eBay will contact you, and you will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them. You have my name and address bellow:
Respectfully,
Stephen

·
Registered
81 Posts
uh.... looks like one of those send me the money scam deals to me... beware

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Sounds like a scam, especially :"My final price on it is $8700 CAD. I know it may seem low, but i find it reasonable." bunch of BS

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Lol, clearly a scam, but it's still fun to act innocent and play with the guy's head.

Also, I thought it'd be good to bring visibility to this vehicle in case someone comes across a car withe VIN listed above!

WBSDE9347YBZ97240 - 07/2000 build date

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
The M5 isnt the only car used in this. I also saw it on numerous occasions with the Plymouth Prowler.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi...Tell him your dad owns the cheapest shipping company on earth, and that he should send you money to secure a place on the next container leaving serbia, see what he says.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi...Tell him your dad owns the cheapest shipping company on earth, and that he should send you money to secure a place on the next container leaving serbia, see what he says.

:7: and please let us know what his response is. hahaha

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
....hahahah replying with that comment as I type hahahah.

·
Registered
147 Posts
While its obviously a scam, figuring out which scam it is can be tricky. The scam here is the "eBay Safe Purchase Program." There is no such thing and eBay doesn't act as an escrow agent. The seller will send you an email with a link to an eBay spoof site where you can "safely" make a paypal deposit into the seller's account.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Hey those piks look like they are taken near me in north Dallas,a suburb called Addison.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i'm buying this car as soon as i get my cut of a deal i'm working on- i'm helping the son of the deceased nigerian oil minister get $15 million out of the country, and i get to keep $5 million.

if that falls through, some unknown relative of mine died in kenya and left behind a fortune- and i'm the only heir!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
i'm buying this car as soon as i get my cut of a deal i'm working on- i'm helping the son of the deceased nigerian oil minister get $15 million out of the country, and i get to keep $5 million.

if that falls through, some unknown relative of mine died in kenya and left behind a fortune- and i'm the only heir!
Hey, wait a minute! That Nigerian guy already promised me the same thing. I only had to send him $3000 to help defray the transport costs. Somthing's fishy here.....:grrrrr:

:rofl:

Brian

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Beat you to it the car is on route he even threw in a brand new mats...:hihi::hihi::hihi:
Hey, wait a minute! That Nigerian guy already promised me the same thing. I only had to send him $3000 to help defray the transport costs. Somthing's fishy here.....:grrrrr:

:rofl:

Brian

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Here ya go.The street name is Festival Way in Addison ,Tx. a suburb near north Dallas,Tx.

my Surburabn today 02/04

Just tell them you just had an insurance settlement and can't cash the check because the IRS would find out so your gonna send them the check and they can send the 30k difference back in cash in the glovebox.:)

You should yank their chain as hard as you can.:M5launch:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Sounds like the same Craigslist scam!!! There should be a way to flag it down.....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
...damnnnnn you got the street! Congrats! I used Google Maps street view and lo and behold 4888 Festival Way.

Latest reply:

The car is to an warehouse of the eBay Shipping Company in Calgary and i don't think i can arrange an appointment for you. You will inspect it when you will receive it, and if it won't match with the description you will have 10 days to return it and i will pay for the shipping back. eBay will not release the payment until they will have your confirmation that you received the product and you are satisfied with it. I assume this risk because this car is just like i described it to you and i'm sure you will not be disappointed. So, if you are still interested just send me your full name and address so i can prepare the shipping and contact eBay. They will give you further information ...

I replied back with something along the lines of Flyin-m5's suggestion...can't wait for the response. lol

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
...damnnnnn you got the street! Congrats! I used Google Maps street view and lo and behold 4888 Festival Way.

Latest reply:

The car is to an warehouse of the eBay Shipping Company in Calgary and i don't think i can arrange an appointment for you. You will inspect it when you will receive it, and if it won't match with the description you will have 10 days to return it and i will pay for the shipping back. eBay will not release the payment until they will have your confirmation that you received the product and you are satisfied with it. I assume this risk because this car is just like i described it to you and i'm sure you will not be disappointed. So, if you are still interested just send me your full name and address so i can prepare the shipping and contact eBay. They will give you further information ...

I replied back with something along the lines of Flyin-m5's suggestion...can't wait for the response. lol
I would love to see them lead away in handcuffs to "The Big House".

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I think he picked Calgary because it is the first FM station that comes up if you google "Jack FM."
That is what got the wheels turning. The radio tuned to that station here in Dallas.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts