BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale completely refreshed 2000 E39 M5. I've owned the car for about 6-7 years now, and i recently purchased an e92 m3 to replace it. Since I do not need a second car, I have prepared it for sale. It used to be heavily modified, but I've detuned it since then and sold the forged engine the car had in it. The current engine has 70k miles with a full refresh of sensors and gaskets. The transmission has 70k miles and has just been serviced as well. I didn't skimp on any maintenance item and changed many things most people would not have changed. I have a folder about 3 inches thick with everything I've done over the years if you want it, but I feel the pictures will speak for themselves. The car has always been garaged and has never seen snow. It originated in SoCal and is now in Texas. I'm the second owner of the car and have the title in hand. The car was primarily used for freeway driving as the mileage indicates. Majority of my driving was from Dallas to Austin, a 400 mile round trip which i've made about 30-40 times now. I've gone on a few road trips as well in the car which ranged anywhere from 1000-4000 miles. If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to contact me. This is a stellar car, but as far as the "bad" goes, the rear bumper does have a 2" crack which is not really noticeable, but I did want to disclose it. Nothing else really jumps out at me that i can think of, but if something comes to mind, i will post it.

Year-2000
Miles - 188k
Color - Carbon Black
Horsepower – 550BHP/460WHP
Torque – 450BTQ/380WTQ
Boost Pressure – 6-7psi

Options
Extended leather interior
Alcantara headliner
Rear shades, doors and shelf
Fold down rear seats
M audio subwoofer
Alcantara Headliner
BMW Homelink

Mods list
Stage 1 supercharger, have stage 2 components as well which i might consider throwing in for an upcharge
Carbon fiber cover
HRE 540 wheels 19x9 and 19x10.5
Euro headlights
Euro Taillights
MKIV navi
BM53 radio
Dinan monoballs
Dinan sway bars, front and rear
Hamann exhaust
Superpsrint X-pipe
Rogue SSK with DSSR link
RK strut tower brace
SS brake lines
ExoticsTuning diffuser

Maintenance

Everything was done within the last 5-10k miles. The majority of it is all
under 5k miles or 0 miles but i did not want to be nitpicky about it.

Timing chains
Timing guides
Timing tensioner
Front main seal
Rear main seal
Serpentine Belts
Main drive tensioners and pulleys
Tie rods
Control arms
Thrust arms
Trailing arms
Ball joints
Center drag link
Subframe bushings
Diff bushings
Cam sensors
Throttle position sensors
DSC module
Vacuum lines
Spark plugs
Tranny fluid
Tranny bushing
Exhaust bushings
Diff fluid
Diff seals, all 3
Stock clutch
Stock flywheel
Throwout bearing
Clutch pivot arm
Radiator
Radiator reservoir
Radiator fluid
Thermostat
Thermostat gasket
Thermostat o-rings
Mobil 1 5w50 oil
O2 sensors
Valve cover gaskets
Valver cover grommets
Intake manifold gaskets
Euro Rotors front and rear
Akibono Brake pads
Vanos rebuild
Vanos gears
Vanos o-rings
Vanos Solenoids
New instrument cluster
Battery
CCV cyclones
CCV hoses
Brake fluid
Power steering fluid
Rear view mirror
Side view mirror glass (both of them)
Front windshield
Windshield trim
Windshield lower trim
Windshield side trim
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Fuel tank gaskets

Before anyone comments on the missing grill or emblem, i wasn't going to take pics until after dropping the car off at the body shop. but i went ahead and did it anyway. There were a few imperfections in the hood from storing the hood. I had a vorsteiner hood which i removed. As a result i went ahead and removed all the necessary components in advance for the body shop. Everything will be back on and you'll have a freshly painted hood. The lower grill will be on the car as well, along with the underpanel. I left the underpanel and grill off so i could monitor any leaks so i could address them. So far the car is leaking no fluids.

Here's a good picture showing the paint condition and the color of the car.

Asking $20,000 as is, OBO. I will entertain reasonable offers. The car is not being driven so i'd like it moved.

Thanks
-R

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
:thumbsup: for the Raza man. GLWS, shouldn't have a problem selling this beast.

Reactions: tradin1

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
that's a shocker - you selling yours - - GLWS - clearly underpriced imho. I have enjoyed the saga - sad to see you move on - you're many contributions were so appreciated -
- and I often ponder sleeving a block - always meant to ask you what you thought the max boost/hp could be on a sleeved block

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's a shocker - you selling yours - - GLWS - clearly underpriced imho. I have enjoyed the saga - sad to see you move on - you're many contributions were so appreciated -
- and I often ponder sleeving a block - always meant to ask you what you thought the max boost/hp could be on a sleeved block
I feel it's price right to sell. If it doesn't sell then i'll keep it, the car is paid off so no rush to sell it. I just hate seeing it sit around, i'm considering putting it in storage. I appreciate the kind words though!

i think you can get around 1000hp with the right setup, but it's a ton of work.

thanks
-R

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is the second higher mileage SCd Beast we've seen recently. Just goes to show that with maintenance, even a rocket propelled S62 will outlast most normal engines. GLWS!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I thought of that, but figured that Forum, work e-mail, and personal e-mail demonstrated enough interest.

If I do end up calling RK, I think I'll wait 3 days. You know... so I don't look too desperate

P.S. still interested Raza, if you check this

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't PM yet, so I shot an e-mail to [email protected]

I really look forward to hearing from you.
We changed our spam system, you may have gotten caught in that?

Is this car still available?
yes

I thought of that, but figured that Forum, work e-mail, and personal e-mail demonstrated enough interest.

If I do end up calling RK, I think I'll wait 3 days. You know... so I don't look too desperate

P.S. still interested Raza, if you check this
I think i replied to your email this morning? if not, leave your email and i'll get in touch.

Thanks
-R

·
Registered
161 Posts
SPAM may very-well have been the culprit. I had originally sent from my personal (Gmail), and we've now been communicating through work e-mail.

The Engineer in me is engaged by the thoroughness of the list of recently-repaired / refurbished items, and the human likes the pictures and dyno.

I really hope we can arrive at an arrangement. I would be picking your car up, and then putting mine for sale after to avoid an "I'm interested... but I have to sell my car first" fiasco.

Ryan

·
Registered
343 Posts
^ Dang it...............

1 - 17 of 17 Posts