BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

2000 BMW M5 (Carbon Black / Imola Red) - Portland, OR - $12,500

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  blackxs 
#1 · (Edited)
First and foremost, this car is located in Portland, Oregon. If someone out of state is interested, I'd be happy to pick you up at the airport if you flew in (I've done that before many times).

I regret having to do this, but I am going to have to sell my 2000 BMW M5. As much as it pains me to do this, I have other things going on in life, and I simply can't afford this car as well as all of my other 'toys' and a family.

Anyhow, the car in question is a 2000 BMW M5 in carbon black with imola red interior and the matte chrome interior trim. The car has 166k miles and runs like a champ.

It was equipped from the factory with a lot of the options at the time, including:

- PDC
- Rear Window Electric Sunshade
- Rear Passenger Window Sunshades

The exterior of the car is fantastic, I would give it a 9.5 out of 10, and I only say that because there's a few areas where touch up paint has been used, but NO door dings, no damage, and not even so much as a dent anywhere!

The interior is a solid 10 out of 10. I challenge you to find another E39 M5 with a cleaner interior, the entire interior is immaculate! Even the drivers seat is void of the typical wear from getting in and out, this interior is literally to die for!

The car has been tastefully modified with the following:

- Koni Shocks
- H&R Springs
- Eibach Sway Bars
- Muffler Delete
- WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Mats
- Quaife LSD Differential (a huge improvement over stock!)
- UUC Short Shift Kit & DSR

The following has been replaced recently:

- Brand new front and rear brakes with Brembo pads and Meyle rotors
- Brand new Duralast battery (purchased 1 week ago) - note that this is the FACTORY fit battery, not some lousy aftermarket one
- Rebuilt ABS / DSC unit

The car does have a few issues, hence the lower price, the issues are as follows:

- Needs a new clutch (it's perfectly drivable, but it's starting to slip in the upper RPMs. Kuni quoted me $2000 for this and I have the receipt so you can hold me to the price!)
- The brake light is on and the DSC light is on (I'm told this is usually due to one of the wheel speed sensors being bad. Do not worry, it's NOT the dreaded ABS unit though as that was recently replaced with a rebuilt one)
- There's a small crack in the passenger rear taillight.
- The wheels need to be refinished (they aren't damaged, but the original chrome shadow paint is peeling in numerous areas)

Those are the only issues with the car, and I'm being 100% honest and upfront about them. Realistically you'll put about $2000 into it for the clutch, and maybe a little more for the other issues. So, worst possible case scenario, you come out of it having put $3000 into the car, but I figure that puts the value of the car about right where it should be.

Anyways, I'll take some better pictures when it's nice out. The car is missing the rear door panels in the pictures (they are back on now) because I was putting new rear window shades in. It's also missing the front dash trim because I was replacing the factory wood trim with a brand new matte chrome interior set from the BMW dealer.

My price is $12,500 FIRM. I'm going to stay 100% firm on my price at least for a while. If it doesn't sell, I'll reduce accordingly. Realistically though, I think this is a fair price.

The car has a CLEAN Oregon title which I have in hand, ready to sign over. The VIN is WBSDE934XYBZ94557, so you can Carfax it and see that there have been ZERO accidents with this car, it's 100% good to go.

I WILL NOT let anyone test drive this car without cash in hand, period. In fact, please don't even bother coming to see the car (or calling me) unless you have cash in hand. I'm not going to do the typical Craigslist thing where people want to come over, chat forever, only to find out they don't even have the money in the first place.

Anyways, if you are interested, please call me at 503.701.5752. I'd strongly prefer that over PMs or going back-and-forth on this thread.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll post better pictures once it's nice out!

Attachments

#4 ·
Yep! Sold my E46 M3 for this car and don't regret it. Personally I like the E39 M5 much more than the M3 and that's coming from someone that owned both.

I'm not even sure I want to sell the car anymore now, I'm sooo conflicted. I just took it for a drive (first time in a month) and man this thing is fun to drive!

The clutch isn't too bad yet. It slips but only if you really romp on it.

#7 · (Edited)
Okay, I think it may be time to get serious about selling the car since I have other priorities at the moment. That being said, I'm going to list it for sale and sit on it for a long as it takes to get what I'm asking (I'm not negotiable on the price, not even by a penny).

A few things:

1) I fixed the rear taillight crack by replacing it with a new taillight.

2) I recently swapped a black faced gauge cluster into the car (got it from Clumsier). Because of this the mileage on the odometer reads 103XXX but the actual mileage on the car is 166XXX. It needs to be coded to have the correct mileage but I don't know how to do this. The plus side is that now the car has an ultra rare black face gauge cluster which is true to the 2000 models. Also, no burnt out pixels!

3) I'm not sure about the clutch being bad or not. Lately it's been just fine under full throttle. In face, it only seems to slip when the car is 'warming up'. Once the car is up to full operating temperature I don't notice any slippage at all. So, maybe it needs a clutch, maybe it doesn't. I've been driving it with ZERO issues though so who knows. Either way, the car is priced accordingly. A new clutch would set you back around $2000.

4) The car now has brand new headlight lenses, brand new headlight adjusters (they were all broken), and LED turn signals all around (no error codes either).

5) Recently installed is a brand new F10 M5 shift knob (shown in the pictures).

6) The car will include PASoft 1.4, a cable to connect your computer / PASoft to the car, and a CD with the FULL version of TIS and ETK.

7) The car will also include the lower front grille with the openings for the brake ducts (the one that blackxs sells on the forums).

Anyways, I won't be checking this thread. If you're interested you'll need to call or text me at 503.701.5752.

Attachments

#10 ·
I must say, based on the pictures... the car, interior especially, does appear to be in excellent shape. If I didn't despise carbon black with every fiber of my being I'd consider throwin my Z3 up for sale for cheap to get this in my garage.

2) I recently swapped a black faced gauge cluster into the car (got it from Clumsier).
Good ol' Clumsier!!! :2:

#9 ·
BTW, I lowered the price to 11k but it won't let me edit the original ad.

My sport bike hobby (a few Ducatis and an Aprilia) is too expensive and unfortunately I can't own an expensive car and expensive bikes.

Anyways, I'm firm on that price. It's an absolute STEAL for 11k so don't try and nickel and dime me one penny. Anyone who knows M5s will know that to get one that is absolutely cherry you're going to spend at least 16k. Aside from the issues mentioned in the ad this car is pretty much cherry.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.