BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this was addressed before or not but I couldn't find a thread explaining the differences/changes from the 2000 e39 m5 to the 2003 e39 m5. I own a e36 m3 and recently got in the market to get another car which I want an m5. So can someone please tell me the changes of the years, much appreciated. I heard the 2000's are a little slower and more troublesome. :confused:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
There are hundreds of places this has been discussed.

IMO, the differences in CONDITION, now that the cars are 10-13 years old, will be FAR, FAR greater than any slight advantage one year to the next. based on the cosmetic upgrades, I'd lean toward a newer model, but would not shy away from any if condition was pristine.

·
Registered
882 Posts
As others have said, nothing major.

But since I"m all about encouraging E36/E39 M ownership, here's a site that will give you every tiny detail: BMW M Registry - FAQ E39 M5

·
Super Moderator
4,846 Posts
Would it surprise you to learn that the information Edgy36-39 so kindly spoon-fed is in the FAQ? It really shouldn't.

In light of that fact, both of your posts read like a failed IQ test.

New members should first visit the sticky by DouglasABaker, to understand why the lazy and obtuse may find it difficult, here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts