BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my 3 piece Work Wheels (less than 5k miles driven on), they wrapped with toyo's running 255z in the front and 295z in the rear. The wheels were custom ordered to fit and they acheived the max lip without any rubbing. Selling the wheels with tires (a lot of tread in front, minimal tread left in the rear) and lugnuts. The wheels were made in a limited edition finish, "Burning Black" lighter than gunmetal but darker than a silver. No matter which drive thru or gas station I go to, people enjoy looking at these wheels.

Serious inquires only, looking for $3550 am in Southern California and would be willing to deliever to anywhere from the valley to San Diego. PM me if interested and i'll email ([email protected]).

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
PM'd

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I agree....very nice wheels...although I'm powdercoating my Aicona's black...hmmmmouich

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks for the compliments, I thought i was going to get dumped on for not having a m6, :rolleyes: im trying to get something for these wheels to get the hamman race edition 21's on my ordered 08 m6. The pictures do not to justice, the wheels look absolutely sick in person. Had Work's been available in 21's I would have just gotten those. I may just try to keep the face and build my own step lip with these centers.

·
Registered
915 Posts
willing to go cheaper on the pricing? i might be down..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its like killing me right now the price im putting them up at, I spent $5400 putting this whole set up together less than 6 months ago.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here are the offsets:

WORK VSXX 20x9.0 +12 A disc (Standard Disc) 5x120
WORK VSXX 20x11.0 +19 O disc (Low Pad Disc) 5x120

Im still waiting on word from Work Wheels (Toda Racing USA) to make sure they would fit perfectly on an M5, don't want to di$% anyone over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will take the wheels if they will fit a 535i. Anyone know if these will fit if I swap out the tires? What are the exact dimensions of the wheels? I am local too. :haha2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats the widest tire width you have seen in the rear of any 5? I wouldn't go under 275 with an 11 inch rear. too much streching of the tire required and not safe... looks sick but not safe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im running 295z in the rear, after I got them I noticed people putting 305z but if you put 305z your wheels+tires are an 1 inch shorter so the gap from the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender is higher, even if your car is dropped. thats why i went with 295z it fills the wheels wells better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
according to a well known work distributor (person i bought these wheels from) the wheels will fit the m5, and 5 series. The tires may rub since they are so wide, but please let me know if this interests you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know the center hub will not fit on a e39 but will the offsets fit on the e39 m5 if the center hub is bored out? Could you ask your vendor that?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the offsets are too aggresive for the old m5, but the center caps can be bored out, but rep says the wheels are way too wide for an e39 but will fit the e60 new m5, and any new 5 series.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just got word from Work that someone from work put works rezax with my exact same set up with 255s in front and 295z in the rear and it worked flawless, no rub, so now I can say with good confidence, the wheels and tires will fit any e60 application. sorry for confusion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also, if anyone trys to copy my set up and order these wheels from Work, the representative from Japan will not build it, the BKB burning black finish is now officially discountined for all VSXX series, and every other wheel Work makes except for the VSKF series.

Some insight, just so you guys know, most Hamman and Lorinsors wheels are sent to Japan to be make at WORK factories then shipped back to Germany to get minor hardware changes before they are shipped to consumers, in essense :eek:oohhh: a German wheel made in Japan by Work. :eek:oohhh:

Uh oh Hamman. :nono:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts