:confused3

·
Banned
386 Posts
they look good

·
Registered
944 Posts
any more pics? I'd love to go 20" after seeing that imola beast with the schnitzers on published recently, but so many people have major concerns over weight, i'm averse to going that route now.
cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
20" wheels on a E39? to big man. Car drives like ****. Stay with maximum 19".
Just ask the well known tuners. They tell you the same. No bigger than 19"

·
Registered
5,227 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
foxyboym5 said:
my simple answer (and there's no need to shout :hihi: )

Ok fine, I won't say it so loudly. The Imola pic is my car(well almost) except I have the 18 inch version of the AC Schnitzer wheels. And while the 20 inch version is nice looking, I still have to ask why? Oh, I answered my own question, looks.

Mark

·
Registered
944 Posts
MAH said:
Ok fine, I won't say it so loudly. The Imola pic is my car(well almost) except I have the 18 inch version of the AC Schnitzer wheels. And while the 20 inch version is nice looking, I still have to ask why? Oh, I answered my own question, looks.

Mark
haha Hi mark, I also am more focused on balance, handling and weight etc, so am probably more on your side with the 18's, maximum some light 19's.

do u have any pics of yours anywhere?

IMOLA is THE colour im sure you'd agree :blabla:

·
Registered
944 Posts
540is said:
style = 20, performance = 19

its been argued a lot, but i think the consensus is that 18" is the best for performance, especially in lightweight form like Dinan or SSR or LM's

cheers

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
foxyboym5 said:
its been argued a lot, but i think the consensus is that 18" is the best for performance, especially in lightweight form like Dinan or SSR or LM's

cheers

Sorry can't fit my brakes in a 18" rim :) :biggrin:

·
Registered
944 Posts
540is said:
Sorry can't fit my brakes in a 18" rim :) :biggrin:

the reason i may have to move to 19's as well unfortuinately, what brakes u runnin, im looking at some AP 6 pots as they fit under stock rims, otherwise it'll be a rim change.

cheers

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
foxyboym5 said:
the reason i may have to move to 19's as well unfortuinately, what brakes u runnin, im looking at some AP 6 pots as they fit under stock rims, otherwise it'll be a rim change.

cheers
a 19" rim/tyre combination can still keep OEM dimensions but
thats impossible with a 20" rim ....

·
Registered
944 Posts
540is said:
a 19" rim/tyre combination can still keep OEM dimensions but
thats impossible with a 20" rim ....
hmm, i think the guy with that Imola went down to a 25 profile on the rear!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts