BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, finally got a new set of tyres to fit these wheels. If you guys remember, had issues before with tires being too small. Their just right now. Specs:

Front: 20 x 9.5 (275/30ZR20) 4mm spacers
Rear: 20 x 11 (305/25ZR20) 5mm spacers

The front tires do touch the plastic guards when near to full lock, so will need to remove plastic trim. The rears are fine with the spacers, but if I get it near bottoming out than the tires just reach the actual guards. Needs to flare the guards / wide body it. Overall, much better now ... thanks for the tire tips!

I know people are going to hate this, but its getting airbag suspension at the moment. ouich Will post some low-rider pics when its ready

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think it will look *much* better when you flare the arches, at the moment she looks like she's wearing clown shoes a little :hihihi:

It will be interesting to see what she looks like flared, and dropped.

Good luck!

Stu

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
You really need the wide body fenders and lowering it, I have to agree it's awarkward looking for now. I acually like the 20" wheels on the 5's but those are so wide with to much wheel gap it dont' quite look right.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
brakes are looking tiny too should upgrade that to the bembo 15"ers... cherrsagai

·
Registered
250 Posts
Looks great.... I had those rims in 19x9 and 19x10 and they affected the cars speed and handling dramaticaly. They weigh about 35 lbs.. I would imagine they must really slow down the car...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had the same set in 19" as well, though only 2 rims ... don't ask why. Anyway, their a single cast while the 20" are 2-piece; so they should weight a little less. The car handles better, but thats possibly more due to the tyres than the wheels. Acceleration is down a little, but I can't say I've noticed a huge loss.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts