BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.

I had a question about wheel and tire fitment when moving to 20" rims. After much searching, I finally found a lightweight wheel that I don't think looks like crap.. lovelove

The winning wheel is the AC Schnitzer Type V Forged - Black with Machined Face Finish. I wanted to do 20 x 9s in the front and 20 x 10s in the rear, but I'm a bit confused on the offset. I notice many of you have had to use H&R spacers after changing to custom wheels to get the fitment that you like.. I'd like to choose the proper offset so to avoid any wheel spacers (if possible).

Here are the wheels I'm looking at:

Front Rims -- 20 x 9

Rear Rims -- 20 x 10

As you see, the 20 x 9 offset choices are 15 and 22 and the 20 x 10 offset choices are 13 and 33. I assume I want the +22 offset for the fronts and +33 for the rears, but I'm not sure.

Also, I'd like to run 275/30ZR20 in the front and 305/25ZR20 in the back. Will this work and retain nearly the same wheel height as stock (so I don't have a whacked-out speedo and other problems)?

Thanks for the help -- I know many of you are running 20" rims and have already faced these questions in the past (though concerning the offsets, I couldn't find any old threads that matched).

Regards,

-b.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you shall need spacers with those wheels.

However, 305s at the rear with 20 x 10 will not be possible. You shall need atleast 20 x 11.
Hi Hasan -- Thanks for the reply.

I figured 305s on the rear would be tight with 20 x 10 but there was someone on the M5 forum rolling a 305 on the stock 19 x 9 rim (obviously with some pinching) so I figured the extra inch would make it bearable.

What I wanted was 295/30/20 but there just aren't many manufactures making that tire size (and I'm not a big fan of the ones that did). 255/35/20 front and 295/30/20 rear would have kept the exact factory wheel/tire diameter of 27" but oh well. Loosing sleep over 285s vs 295s is a bit pointless -- I have bigger battles to fight. :hihi:

On a side note, are you in Abu Dhabi or Dubai? One of my friends is there in Abu Dhabi -- he had the first Corvette ZR1 that made it to UAE (he's very proud of that). ;)

Regards,

-b.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts