BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i know Miro is a popular choice around here. Anyone know the size of the BMW center cap decals/stickers? is Ebay the best source for these?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Miro 111s do not use the same size caps as OEM. The only option is to retain the use of the supplied center caps and utilize 65mm roundel center cap stickers you can source readily on eBay. These stickers are made of metal alloy with adhesive backing and you just simply adhere it over the existing Miro cap.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Miro 111s do not use the same size caps as OEM. The only option is to retain the use of the supplied center caps and utilize 65mm roundel center cap stickers you can source readily on eBay. These stickers are made of metal alloy with adhesive backing and you just simply adhere it over the existing Miro cap.

100% correct.

Ben

·
Registered
42 Posts
thanks for this

·
Registered
304 Posts
Slightly off topic.
Can you take the center caps off the stock wheels and use on aftermarket if the same diameter for the cap?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just finished researching this. The simple answer is YES, but you should know there is no guarantee. I bought Miro 18's for my winter set-up and took delivery last week. The manufacturer's representative told me that the wheels used to not take the BMW center caps but now they will. My mechanic tells me that is wrong: they don't fit snugly and they will fall out. That is why I am getting the decals (which I am sure have sizing issues of their own and you should measure the center cap that you will be using very carefully before you order). :confused3

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I just finished researching this. The simple answer is YES, but you should know there is no guarantee. I bought Miro 18's for my winter set-up and took delivery last week. The manufacturer's representative told me that the wheels used to not take the BMW center caps but now they will. My mechanic tells me that is wrong: they don't fit snugly and they will fall out. That is why I am getting the decals (which I am sure have sizing issues of their own and you should measure the center cap that you will be using very carefully before you order). :confused3
For the Miro 18's I know that is correct but for the 20 inch Miro 111's I heard the new batch can take the center cap now but I was told this by a representative Bavarian Exclusive and they probably don't fit snug either. Love those wheels though!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Please post pics when you get them on! Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a spare set of the centercap decals if anyone is looking. Bought them cos I thought i was ordering Miros but ended up going a different route

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
the miro 111 cap size 65mm

·
Registered
42 Posts
+1 to the decal having to be 65mm (curved) for Miro 111 (18inch). I learned the hard way -- I ordered 62mm and they didn't fit even though I measured! When I ordered the 65mm in the curved version, they fit perfectly. This is my winter setup:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts