BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pics of one of these rare rare beasts?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found some pics.. Would love the Gear Knob and Hand brake... As it would go with mine..

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Nice pictures Raymond, particularly the scanned ones from the show, does anyone know where the show car is these days (if not kept by BMW), and does anyone know the VIN no's of the '20 Jahre' cars.

Phil.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Phlem5 said:
Nice pictures Raymond, particularly the scanned ones from the show, does anyone know where the show car is these days (if not kept by BMW), and does anyone know the VIN no's of the '20 Jahre' cars.

Phil.

The show model has a non-airbag steering wheel whereas the rest does have one fitted. But m5tourregcan tell us more about this.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Raymond, the non airbag wheel look's far better IMO, I think it is the same wheel as some e30 evo models. I was looking at e34m5.de, last night, although I do not speak or read German I think 1/20 is owned by a member of that forum. 6/20 is mentioned as well, plus the language option for English does not work. I notice you and Karl both post on that forum, maybe you could start a thread there looking for the 20 Jahre cars!!. Hopefully Karl will get to this thread as well.....
Cheers,
Phil.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Phlem5 said:
Raymond, the non airbag wheel look's far better IMO, I think it is the same wheel as some e30 evo models. I was looking at e34m5.de, last night, although I do not speak or read German I think 1/20 is owned by a member of that forum. 6/20 is mentioned as well, plus the language option for English does not work. I notice you and Karl both post on that forum, maybe you could start a thread there looking for the 20 Jahre cars!!. Hopefully Karl will get to this thread as well.....
Cheers,
Phil.
@Karl, correct me if I am wrong:

#01/20: About two years ago, a Dutchman claimed to have bought #01/20. It did have the non-airbag steering wheel, but the VIN did not match the 20Jahre M VIN-range. If indeed that is the demo/show car, it is not mugellorot, but brilliant rot. There is some disagreement whether or not the show car is a genuine 20Jahre M, but it could be.

#02/20 supposedly resides in Sweden

#05/20: Was offered for sale in April 2004 on mobile, and has recently been bought by a member of the German forum.

#06/20: Belongs to a member of the fGerman forum indeed. In fact, the red E34 on on my Nordschleife pictures is #06/20.

#15/20: Belongs also to a member of that forum indeed.

I have pictures in my archive from #01,#05,#06 and #15. The whereabouts of the rest is unknown to me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
raymondw said:
@Karl, correct me if I am wrong:

#01/20: About two years ago, a Dutchman claimed to have bought #01/20. It did have the non-airbag steering wheel, but the VIN did not match the 20Jahre M VIN-range. If indeed that is the demo/show car, it is not mugellorot, but brilliant rot. There is some disagreement whether or not the show car is a genuine 20Jahre M, but it could be.

#02/20 supposedly resides in Sweden

#05/20: Was offered for sale in April 2004 on mobile, and has recently been bought by a member of the German forum.

#06/20: Belongs to a member of the fGerman forum indeed. In fact, the red E34 on on my Nordschleife pictures is #06/20.

#15/20: Belongs also to a member of that forum indeed.

I have pictures in my archive from #01,#05,#06 and #15. The whereabouts of the rest is unknown to me.
Rot was't the only color available for 20 Jahre M, I cud swear that I saw 1 silver on mobile.de with non-airbag steering wheel,M interior, black T/S covers. Don't remember the #s :sad2: it was 5 or 6 years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
kris said:
Rot was't the only color available for 20 Jahre M, I cud swear that I saw 1 silver on mobile.de with non-airbag steering wheel,M interior, black T/S covers. Don't remember the #s :sad2: it was 5 or 6 years ago.
Only 20pcs have been built. All are suposed to be Mugellorot. The only uncertainty is #01/20. Still waiting for Karl to chime in on this one.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
VINs of the "20 Jahre Motorsport GmbH" cars are known -
all 20 cars (numbered 01/20 > 20/20) are -mugellorot- only with black (668)-
painted wheel-covers as a standard-feature -
the 01/20-car claimed by that dutchman was NOT the -real- 01/20-car, the
colour of that car was -brillantrot- and the VIN did not match, it was confirmed by M-GmbH to be a fake IF claimed to be 01/20 "20 Jahre......" -
-
Raymond's list is accurate but 11/20 needs to be added which is owned by a member of the management of the BMW Club in Sweden (that car has a wide kidney grill and black head-lights which is NOT correct) -
02/20 also located in Sweden is modified to a track car !!!
-
05/20 recently purchased in Germany has the correct interior BUT without
the RECARO-seats, a comment on that fact is still pending from ///M-GmbH
(it is summertime and they are short with staff)
brgds
Karl

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
M5touring reg said:
VINs of the "20 Jahre Motorsport GmbH" cars are known -
all 20 cars (numbered 01/20 > 20/20) are -mugellorot- only with black (668)-
painted wheel-covers as a standard-feature -
the 01/20-car claimed by that dutchman was NOT the -real- 01/20-car, the
colour of that car was -brillantrot- and the VIN did not match, it was confirmed by M-GmbH to be a fake IF claimed to be 01/20 "20 Jahre......" -
-
Raymond's list is accurate but 11/20 needs to be added which is owned by a member of the management of the BMW Club in Sweden (that car has a wide kidney grill and black head-lights which is NOT correct) -
02/20 also located in Sweden is modified to a track car !!!
-
05/20 recently purchased in Germany has the correct interior BUT without
the RECARO-seats, a comment on that fact is still pending from ///M-GmbH
(it is summertime and they are short with staff)
brgds
Karl
---------------------

I met the guy with 02 in Sweden, here is the link...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54011

M5Touring is right he could have taken any M5 to do this.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Phlem5 said:
That guy should be shot for doing what he has done to that car.grrrrrrr
----------------------

Mmmm. A bit harsh, I spoke to him, and he is aware of these types of sentiments. It's his car he can do what he wants to it, and at the risk of sounding hypocritical I wish he had left the hood alone. The engine, exhaust (best exhaust not I have heard) are fine - as are the wheels and breaks and dampers. But the hood... :sad1:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well maybe, but as pointed out he could have converted a standard issue 3.8 rather than 1 of 20 cars, suppose he's shot himself in the pocket as the car will be worth half as much in comparison to keeping it standard. IMO.
cheers,
Phil.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Phlem5 said:
Well maybe, but as pointed out he could have converted a standard issue 3.8 rather than 1 of 20 cars, suppose he's shot himself in the pocket as the car will be worth half as much in comparison to keeping it standard. IMO.
cheers,
Phil.
----------------

very true. he also told me had spent 300,000 swedsih krowns, about 22,000gbp. So I dont think he really cares about the depreciation aspect.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Alan_Y said:
Would anyone have the part number for the suede steering wheel (non-air bag)?
32332227034 - SPORTS STEER. WHEEL M-TECHNIK PERGAMENTD=385MM

Pergament = suede

1 - 20 of 22 Posts