BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the webpage with the 11 cars that made the trip to Hartge's Factory and had their 20" Nova 7's installed. Looking at page 6, It looked like some type of cutting in the rear wheel section needed to be cut for the wheel to clear the fender. Will that affect the car in anyway (ie. water damage, rocks, road tar, outside apperance, etc)?

Plus, for the guys that made the change, how is the ride, handling, and what tires are you using? Thanks in advance

Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by cyeung:
I was looking at the webpage with the 11 cars that made the trip to Hartge's Factory and had their 20" Nova 7's installed. Looking at page 6, It looked like some type of cutting in the rear wheel section needed to be cut for the wheel to clear the fender. Will that affect the car in anyway (ie. water damage, rocks, road tar, outside apperance, etc)?

Plus, for the guys that made the change, how is the ride, handling, and what tires are you using? Thanks in advance

Chris

Hi,

When the wheels were put on my car during the trip to germany Hartge needed 4 hours for body work. You can not see anything from outside of the car. If you take of the wheels you can see at the rear that a small part (15cm x 5 cm)of the plastic inner wheelhouse is taken away. They put on extra protection against rust and wear and I don`t think the loss of the plastic part will be negative. The wheels which are put on are:
rear; 10" x 20" offset 28 with 275/30 Pirelli Pzero asimmetrico ;front 9" x 20" offset 18 with 245/35 Pirelli Pzero
asimmetrico. I suggest you contact Mr Jorg Wey at Hartge for more information. He is very helpful and will give you all details you need.

RE the comfort and handling. You will get a little less comfort but not to much. It reacts quicker on the road when you drive. The car get a lot more fun to drive but it is not better for your passenger! And the look of the car is just great. If people haven´t looked at your car before they will do it now!! I don´t regret a second that I put these wheels on.

------------------

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Klas,
was the piece of plastic taken away from the wheelhouse because the 20" rims were rubbing against it?
Terence

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm just wondering about the price of such wheels/tyres !!
I guess it is sth like 8000 USD all tyres+rims, is it ?
Did you keep your 18" stock or did you sell them ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by tfung:
Klas,
was the piece of plastic taken away from the wheelhouse because the 20" rims were rubbing against it?
Terence
Hi,

As the wheels are in diameter approx 25mm larger and larger width of rims it is very tight in the wheel houses.As the wheels fills the wheel houses complete the look of the car changes to the better.You are right; the plastic part was taken out so the wheel shoudn´t rubb against it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by Tom:
I'm just wondering about the price of such wheels/tyres !!
I guess it is sth like 8000 USD all tyres+rims, is it ?
Did you keep your 18" stock or did you sell them ?
Dear Tom,

I did keep the old wheels bcs the day I sell the car I might want to put them back on.

The price is considerly less than 8000usd when you buy direct from Hartge. I suggest that you contact Mr Jorg Wey at Hartge in Beckingen, Germany for the price.I negotiated a special price for the three cars we changed in april.

Klas

------------------

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
I finally went down to our hamann dealer this afternoon to ask about the prices for their rims. I was shocked that the prices here are about 20% lower than what I got from distributers from the US. 19" PG2 and PG3s are the same price at for the rear rims HK$5500 each and HK$5000 each for the front ones. They also had a set of the new hamann magnesio rims in 19" and only for HK$6500 each. I had thought hamann only had 18" for those. Amazing... they're about 1/3 the weight of the normal rims. Anyone. I'm still debating whether I should get PG2 or PG3 rims which can fit 245/275 tires. The magnesium rims can only fit a maximum of 255 tires. Anyone want to give me some help here in which one I should choose? lighter wheels but less tire width or heavier rims with the same tire width as stock?
Thanks for any help!
Terence

1 - 7 of 7 Posts