BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.I just Installed my 20' beyern mesh wheels on my Black Saphire M5. I like that black out look.But im not too impressed.i might just switch them out to the replica 20 m5 wheels.If anyone is interested in these rims,email me.I know im gonna take a loss.Looking to sell for $1,100.Thats the rims alone, Tires are not for sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
After long debates (and I mean LONG...almost took me a year) on what kind of wheels I should get, I finally decided to powder coat the OEM wheels in Gloss Black, and I am actually loving it (My car is also Black). Many people don't even recognize those are the OEM wheels!
But honestly, what you have on doesn't look that bad at all!
Your car looks very sharp!
Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thank you sir.I actually bought the car with the power coated oem rims.It looked good for the first week, then I got kind of bord of it.How do you think the 20 replica rims will look.they make them in silver and in Hyper black which is like a grayish color.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the Beyern Rapp 20" wheels for the M5??? I also heard that there are no tpms sensors on the M5 19" OEM wheels. The sensors are in the ABS system where it monitors the revolutions per min. (rpm) Is this correct?
I actually have my heart set on some Breyton GTSR-M's in hypersilver with Michelin Super Sports! Mmmmmmm.... One day! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
How do you like the suspension after going with Eibach springs and the 20" wheels? Do you notice/feel any big improvements. Did you have to do a wheel alignment after you installed the springs and new wheels? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello.Mine is a 2006 and it does have the tpms sensors inside the wheel.And as of the ride quality, I would have to say that it drives smoother than it was and i feel more in control of the car and feels more like a space ship.As of turning, its very smooth and sharp.And yes i did an allignment a week after driving so that way the springs would settle in.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went black for a while, thought it would look tuff I eventually got bored and decided it was a little to plain Jane for me so ENTER THE BLING ! Nice polished lip, brushed centres....floats my boat. (both sets 20's) some pics, you decide

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
How much did you pay for the 4? Where did you order from? What size 20's are they? (front/back/how much offsets/how big spacers for front/back)?
Thinkin about gettin me a set! :) :)
20 x 9 ET +6 235/35-20 Pirelli P zero
20 x 10.5 ET +25 295/30-20 Pirelli P zero

NO spacers

Made in Japan to order, about 6 weeks. (you can alter off sets to wot eva u desire). I ordered through local dealer here in Oz.

AU$3900 to my door. (wheels only)

Steve

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry to chime in so late. I'm looking at some Beyern Rapp wheels. I'm trying to confirm the fit regarding the offset for 19" wheels. 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.

If the factory offset on a factory rear wheel is 28, then do I want a higher ET like ET45 or so to push them out wider/ closer to the fender edge? Or is it a smaller number that makes them wider. If I remember correctly, a negative number pushes the center of the hub toward the inside of the fender well, which makes the wheel sit further out toward the fender edge, right?

So is an ET number negative or positive?

Confused

·
Registered
90 Posts
For lack of a better explanation -the lower the ET number the further it sticks out from the body.

If your rear ET is 28 for a 9.5" rim, determine how much further you want it to "stick out" , lets say 1/2 " (12mm) , deduct this from the original ET ie. 28 - 12 = a ET of 16. this will move the rim 12mm outward from your starting point. (same effect as adding a 12mm spacer).

If you change the rim width at the same time; then the equation changes again. Lets say you go to a 10.5 " rim with the same ET 28. It will automatically "stick out" 12mm more than the 9.5". Because with a 1" increase in rim width with the same ET, 1/2 of that increase goes inward, 1/2 goes outward.

Clear as mud ?

Reactions: MKSixer
1 - 20 of 23 Posts