BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I bought my 2007 BMW 650i used (E64), it had a slightly damaged front bumper although the previous owner had "no idea how it happened". Well after living with it for almost 9 months, my new bumper is being installed next week

I mention the above, because it is what lead me to own a small collection of front grills for my car. Now I have too many...

I've got a factory set of chrome grills - they aren't perfect though. One has a slight ripple in the chrome and the other has a rub spot from the "no idea what happened" incident. I've tried to capture everything the best I could in the attached pictures. The left grill has the chrome ripple and 1 1/2 broken clips. The right grill has 1/2 of a broken clip. All damaged clips are on the bottom - the 4 clips on the top are perfect. Of course, they still function completely great - they are firmly attached to my car right now and not going anywhere unless you forcibly remove them. Run them as they are or buy them to take apart and play with (maybe paint them a different color). $35 shipped continental US.

The other set are brand new and were matte black to start with. They have been painted gloss black (not professionally). To be honest, they are not perfect but close. Unless you are completley anal and a perfectionist, you wouldn't notice. They look great, but I've just decided to run the standard chrome grills for the time being. $100 shipped continental US.

I'll ship them UPS (or USPS Priority) as soon as the PayPal money hits my account.

Thanks, Corey

Chrome grills are shown below. "Ripple" shown on middle picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So both of these are now gone :)

BUT... I do have one last pair of kidney grills that were originally matte black that have now been sanded down for paint. Unfortunately there is 1 (or possibly 2 - can't remember right this second) and the body shop won't spend their time painting damaged parts...

I would be happy with them painted and installed on my car - a broken clip is not going to cause these to fall out, but they are a "high quality" shop and weren't interested in finishing the job. To each his own...

I'm thinking $50 shipped. These are very smooth and ready for paint!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts