BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased a 00 M5. Nice silver-blue with 58K on the od. I was going to buy a 04 330 but one test drive sold me.

I've looked through the posts here, lots of great info. As a new owner, I suspect I'm looking at clutch replacement soon, what other major repairs seem "normal" for this year/mileage?

Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
fc_celtic_fan said:
I've just purchased a 00 M5. Nice silver-blue with 58K on the od. I was going to buy a 04 330 but one test drive sold me.

I've looked through the posts here, lots of great info. As a new owner, I suspect I'm looking at clutch replacement soon, what other major repairs seem "normal" for this year/mileage?

Thanks!
Welcome - not sure what you can call normal on the M5 as far as repairs go. I have an 01 with 13k on it. I am systematically going thru the car and based on this forum and TSB's trying to get as much replaced for free before March of 05 (warranty expires).

So far for me I got the radio replaced for the mono issues and intent to install Sirius. I have the NAV screen replaced due to a bad pixel. 3 of the 4 windows regulators for noise - and lots of complaints on these anyway.

Emergency brake adjusted many times - not sure what the deal is on this except for a heavy car it is probably inadequate from the get go.

I have heard much on the clutch but mine seems fine and VANOS - cam sensors MAFS etc. Do some searches on these and you might come up with some details.

-Jeff
[email protected]

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard :byee55amg

·
Registered
267 Posts
fc_celtic_fan said:

Thanks!
Welcome aboard CelticFan,

Let me guess, you like soccer (FC Celtic in particular)...consider UUC clutches for improved performance...I have about 52k on mine, but it's still strong...enjoy your beast.

ed

·
Registered
330 Posts
fc_celtic_fan said:

Thanks!
I got mine 00 M5 with about same mileage as you. Now i have about 65-66K, clutch is strong too. I have had no major repairs. Runs excellent everythings fine. I did replace my MAF's but i think a GruppeM intake I installed was part of blame but they were going bad. I would save $520 for a couple of MAF's as you need down the road. Its a 10min job. The car is pretty easy to work on for your maintenance, or you can find reputable mechanic and its not that expensive IMO. If you go to dealer for every little thing you will not be happy camper.

Enjoy the ride, if it aint broke dont worry about fixing it. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts