BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched but didn't find much (below #1) other than faulty and/or function not working..due to failure. Mine works, just dont want it to..lol.

1) When I go into reverse, the passenger side mirror tilts downward...I'd rather it stay in it's normal position. As I dont do alot of curbside parking...cant recall the last time.

2) When I turn the car off, i'd like the side mirror to tilt upword (rather than pressing the button everytime) and then when the car starts to tilt back to "home" position.

I hope both of the above function are possible.

Much thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
1) Flip the mirror adjustment switch to the passenger side. That will stop the mirror from tilting down.
2) No way to make them go up automatically. If they are up when you drive off, they will automatically lower at 22mph, though.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
^ is correct.

I see what you mean with the auto fold.. I wish it was a feature. Instead, I have just gotten into the habit to manually press the button every time I get out of the car.

Every competitor has this feature. On my MBZ they do it, when you hit the lock button. This is the most simple feature, I do not know why BMW omit's it from their cars. NONE of them do it. I have had a 7 series (Alpina B7), and you would think their flagship luxury car would have this feature - it doesn't.

You end up getting used to hitting the button every time you park/get out of the car... at least I finally did.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Bmw does build it into their cars however keep it deactivated.

I have my car coded so that if i hold the lock key on my remote not only will it close the windows but it will also put the mirrors up. When i unlock they auto deploy.

Its a software thing, don't know why they are so tough on the US versions.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You did the coding or BMW directly? Any other "tricks" with the remote that a user can do?

·
Registered
932 Posts
I didn't, a guy in ny at a car meet did. All you need is progmon (bmw programing software) and a usb to obdii cable.

You pull the information from a module and change the values from off to on basically. The exact strings they change i can lookup later. Its pretty universal settings across bmw's

Oh and no, not really any more tricks to be done. If you have the new idrive u can deactivate the in park dvd movie playback.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I didn't, a guy in ny at a car meet did. All you need is progmon (bmw programing software) and a usb to obdii cable.

You pull the information from a module and change the values from off to on basically. The exact strings they change i can lookup later. Its pretty universal settings across bmw's

Oh and no, not really any more tricks to be done. If you have the new idrive u can deactivate the in park dvd movie playback.

You mean you can get it to play a DVD while driving? That would be helpful for long trips and the passenger :D

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Thenak you Vodyk. Very good information! I'm going to try to get it to work.<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1969517", true); </SCRIPT>

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in for DIY :)

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Interesting info about the auto fold up with remote!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts