BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always loved the Quattroporte. A four door supercar wrapped in an achingly beautiful Pininfarina designed body.

Glad to see they're expanding the range: the Executive Gt and Sport Gt

Two new versions of the model will appear on the exhibition stand in September: the Quattroporte Executive GT and the Quattroporte Sport GT.

The Quattroporte was first unveiled at the Frankfurt Motorshow in 2003, and first orders on the newest car from Maserati were taken the same day. Since then, the Quattroporte has been a bestseller in its category on the US, European and Asian markets.

Presented as a saloon car with two souls: elegant and comfortable but with a sporty performance, an extensive personalisation programme was developed for the Quattroporte, these new versions will enhance the car's dual character yet further.

Quattroporte EXECUTIVE GT

Distinguished by a blend of elegant eye-catching colours and refined wood veneer finishes for the interior, the Executive GT includes the following accessories:

Chrome mesh grille, side chrome grille, external identification plate, 9-spoke 19" ball-polished wheel rims, wood and leather steering wheel, roof section in Alcantara and a series of features dedicated to providing maximum comfort levels for passengers (among them comfort pack for the rear seats and stowable rear table in wood or titanium). Further personalisation options are available.

Quattroporte SPORT GT

The aggressive look is captured in the carbon fibre interior, 20" wheel rims with new design, external identification plate, sporty steering wheel and handbrake grip, aluminium pedal covers.

Among the dynamic features, the latest gearbox software for a 35% faster shifting, newly designed exhaust system delivering an even more sporty sound and specific Skyhook software for electronic suspensions and shock absorbers.

Millie

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Wow, that is great. A bit of E39 M5 "Exclusive" or "Sportive" theme but also on the exteriour. BMW M take note ;)

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
The main gripe most people have is the awful gearbox. If they can fix that the car will be much better. I certainly think it has more flair than an A8 or even a 7 series.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I concur with Ashok, the Quattroporte is just so much more special than anything on offer at the moment as a classy yet sporty executive saloon.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
i am driving one and i can tell you, the "Executive GT" and "Sport GT" is marketing. Before they have these two versions, you can configure your QP anyway you want. It is good for the buyer who knows exactly what he wants. However, for those who are undecided, many times they leave out options and the car seems oddly equipped. Setting the two distinct characters give the buyer a clearer picture of what they want. (also it is better for the dealer to stock their cars; but honestly, maserati is about personalization).

if the buyer wants everything like me (minus the overpriced TV and Cellphones), the QP can become quite expensive.

The color choices are very good. I can tell you, i have seen many colors on the QP and each color gives it a very distinct and different feel. My argento one looks a little high tech (a la 612) and yet a little antique look (classic italian race car's front). I have seen a dark blue one with a dark brown interior that looks like a limousine going to an opera.

The gearbox is strange. I had mine since Oct 2004. in auto mode it has its own mind. however, i just bought it in for an update and it seems to shift smoother and more like an auto tranny. most of the time i shift manually anyways.

·
Registered
331 Posts
m!, I would like to see some pics. Seems like a nice colour combo you have :cool2:

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I'd love to see some pics too. I did not like the car at all when it was introduced, but Ive seen and sat in a few and I have a lot of admiration for it now. I think its beautiful and the interior is a work of art. Id hate to get out! Id like to see them fit a v12 and autobox. Btw- have a look under the hood- the room for the v12 is there.... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts