BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I finally got around to take photos of both my cars together.. after a year of them being in the same country, I never had time or got around to do it... photo quality is kinda crap, so hopefully I could follow up later with some better pictures, videos and sound clips of the new exhaust sound. When and if my buddies have time to do the videoing.. :p

Maybe by the end of the year, I could take pictures of both my 2 E39's and the new E60 M5 together.. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
very nice dude! LHD and RHD! cool.. how comes the LHD is more modded than the RHD? thats not fair! :p whats your E60? left or right?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Gotta love the slightly modded one and then the modded rocket! Must be great to have your choice when walking into the garage. How did you end up with two anyway? Just felt the need for LHD and RHD? :haha:
:cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the E60 is going to be a right hand drive one.. most likely will replace the RHD E39... although not sure yet.. might end up keeping it as well and have 3 M5's in the garage.. hiha hiha

as for why 2 M5s.. why not? haha.. can you imagine how difficult it is to have to swap out the mods everytime when you just want to blend in with the other cars and be a sleeper... :p

But seriously.. RHD one is the one I use to transport myself to work and do other civilized things with, whereas the modded one is is the one I use to glue to the back of the Ferraris and Maseratis... :M5launch:

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Thats awesome! Please give us a writeup on the E60 when it comes in.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Looking good as usual Terence. But when are we going to hear this Beast? I am hearing some scary things from the little voices over in Hong Kong about it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
You're got to be kidding. Two e39s, and an e60? May I ask how you chose the right career, and the right significant other?

Sure I'm jealous....

·
Registered
623 Posts
tfung said:
so I finally got around to take photos of both my cars together.. after a year of them being in the same country, I never had time or got around to do it... photo quality is kinda crap, so hopefully I could follow up later with some better pictures, videos and sound clips of the new exhaust sound. When and if my buddies have time to do the videoing.. :p

Maybe by the end of the year, I could take pictures of both my 2 E39's and the new E60 M5 together.. :)
Both of them looks' nice. Keep both M5 and take picture of them when E60 M5 will arrive, that would look awesome!!! I guess you would be the first maniac – owner of three M5 :hihi: !!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Tfung: How loud is your SS headers/cats/xpipe/gpower exhaust combo? I am planning to purchase the exact same setup, except with the new SS race exhaust......thanks

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
polvoronn said:
Differences? The RHD is a MY2000, right?
It's a 99 model... :)

Omar said:
Tfung: How loud is your SS headers/cats/xpipe/gpower exhaust combo? I am planning to purchase the exact same setup, except with the new SS race exhaust......thanks
hmm.. it very very very loud.. At full throttle, you won't be able to hear anyone talk inside the car... Outside is absolutely brutal.. sorta like standing next to an idle 747 engine on the tarmac... It's on borderline of being annoying for a daily driver. The sound definitely turns heads even cruising around 3000rpm in town, and the car backfires everytime you lift your foot off the throttle...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Any possible way you can take a video of the sound??

The exhaust seems like it would get annoying, but I'm sure the sound is awesome and well worth it :)

How is the high end power with the cams?

I had them in my 330, and they make the car pull hard all the way to redline........Do you have any dynos on your gains?

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Omar said:
Any possible way you can take a video of the sound??

The exhaust seems like it would get annoying, but I'm sure the sound is awesome and well worth it :)

How is the high end power with the cams?

I had them in my 330, and they make the car pull hard all the way to redline........Do you have any dynos on your gains?
Tried to take videos of it, but it didn't clip didn't sound like the actual car, and it also couldn't reproduce how loud the thing really is... might try again in a few days with a better camera....

Haven't pushed the car yet after installing the cams, since I put in a new clutch at the same time.. breaking that in at the moment.. At higher rpm, it is much smoother than before.. also for some strange reason the car feels a lot lighter when accelerating, rather than having more power.. so I dunno... I'll let you guys know when I start pushing it when the clutch is fully broken in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts