BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both transmission are from 540i Sports and have low miles but are currently inoperable (less than 120k and 90k). I bought for parts and possibly to attempt to rebuild but have since sold both e39s and have no use for them.

[email protected]

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price drop to $120 - Sunday pick-up.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Have these been disassembled? It looks like the bolts on the tailshaft cover of the right side transmission have been removed. Can you post some pics of either side of each please. Are they from an M5 or 540i? The M5 transmissions have a switch on the driver side at the rear of the transmission that the 540i ones don't have. Thanks.

Reactions: sor118

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both transmissions are from 540i 6 speeds (the approximate mileages are also listed in the initial post).

I haven't opened either transmission up - if I had to guess the one with ~90k has never been opened up (it came from a salvaged 540 with that many miles) and the one with 120k that was grinding between 1-2 may have been opened up.

Will not be able to take pictures until Sunday.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
What was wrong with the 90k one again? I think I read it in one of the other threads about these, but I can't remember which.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There were some very fine metal shavings in the transmission fluid when I drained it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump for a best offer - both probably have very valuable parts to someone in need and one may be serviceable as is.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump - $100 for both.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blackxs - We did talk earlier; I am happy to drop off at a PakMail location as you requested (listed below) or another location close by but the buyer is responsible for shipping, including details regarding costs.

PakMail
US 643

(703) 351-7777
1001-C N. Fillmore Street
Arlington, VA 22201

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Taking all offers - also have a Luk clutch kit with less than 500 miles and a bunch of other parts.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sold!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts