BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On more than one occasion in the past, my plans to get into a BMW have gotten derailed. First in 2003 when I almost pulled the trigger on a e46 M3 and at the last second went with a 996 and then again about 4 yrs ago when contemplating a e90 M3 and instead going with an RS4. Fortunately, my dry spell was broken yesterday when I took delivery of my new to me e39, a car I've lusted after since it was new. In fact, I'm so in love with this car, it still feels surreal to go get into it or see it parked on my driveway.

In the weeks which led to my search intensifying for the car, I've spent a lot of time gathering information from this site and have found MANY helpful links and old posts. Now that I can officially participate in the forum, I wanted to say a quick hello to the members.

Obligatory pic:
[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions: getiton

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Welcome - the M5 makes a great DD (at least in my location)! Almost 10 years later, my love affair with this car persists.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Welcome to the "Beast" club. These cars make great DD's. Don't baby it and drive it like thou stole it.!!!!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Welcome! Gotta say I have a soft spot for Lemans Blue. It always looks stunning. Hope we see more pics!

·
Registered
226 Posts
great way to start off with bmw haha, can't say iv driven or been in an e39 m5 but from what i hear they are great cars! welcome and enjoy. Post more pictures

·
Registered
794 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum, the E39 is the greatest M5 chassis ever made regardless what others have said :D

Also check out my signature link below, I'm trying to organize a free tech day at a shop in Van Nuys.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

More pics of the CLK63BS? :tonquesmilie:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Welcome! LMB is definitely the most distinctive on the e39 M5 colors.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the warm reception guys.

Dking, I will be doing a more complete photoshoot once I have given the car a proper detail this weekend. I've looked at your trim pieces for sale and would like to stay in touch so I can speak to you some more as I plan on swapping out the wood sooner than later.

Mikey, I'll get them both together so I can take a few pics of the two side by side. So far, I find the M to be a much more docile car on the street since the AMG has gobs of low end torque.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Thank you for the warm reception guys.

Dking, I will be doing a more complete photoshoot once I have given the car a proper detail this weekend. I've looked at your trim pieces for sale and would like to stay in touch so I can speak to you some more as I plan on swapping out the wood sooner than later.

Mikey, I'll get them both together so I can take a few pics of the two side by side. So far, I find the M to be a much more docile car on the street since the AMG has gobs of low end torque.
Sure thing, we're pretty local to each other so you can see which shows off better. I'll drop you PM.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Welcome to the light! Now go get that Chrysler outta there. hiha

Reactions: gsfent

·
Registered
658 Posts
Great start. Congrats!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the light! Now go get that Chrysler outta there. hiha
Look at the moderator striking the match! :p

I was a bigger opponent of MB than most on here until I got a chance to drive a Black Series. After that, all my notions of AMG's being old man cars that only go fast in a straight line were put to bed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts