BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Some lucky guy got his M5 today. The first car in Finland. The M5 and M6 will be in the showrooms this weekend for the first time. Meanwhile my car killed two front ABS sensors. :mad: How is that even possible?
:confused:
Hope I'll get the new M5 someday... :M5launch:

Sorry about the bad pic quality, had only the phone with me!

Kip

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Scandinavia is getting crowded with M5`s!! :hihi:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, technically Finland is not a part of Scandinavia as such, since the common mountain range that Scandinavia is named after isn't in Finland at all, but then again, there are no mountains in Denmark either.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Finland, like Iceland, is part of the Nordic, not Scandinavia.

"The Scandinavian countries are Norway, Sweden and Denmark, which recognize each other as parts of Scandinavia. The collective label "Scandinavia" reflects the cultural similarity, and the strong historical ties, between these countries despite their political independence."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic

Georaphy is over. Back to the subject of CARS... :hihihi:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
SUPRA said:
Finland, like Iceland, is part of the Nordic, not Scandinavia.

"The Scandinavian countries are Norway, Sweden and Denmark, which recognize each other as parts of Scandinavia. The collective label "Scandinavia" reflects the cultural similarity, and the strong historical ties, between these countries despite their political independence."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic

Georaphy is over. Back to the subject of CARS... :hihihi:
just to make a small statement.. the whole world outside of nordic countries thinks finland is scandinavia.. and considering we were 600 years a part of sweden you could say we have pretty strong history and culture.. and the mountains actually go to north lapland (finnish)..

but on the subject.. lucky guy like all those who are now receiving their M5s...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
cidair said:
Scandinavia is getting crowded with M5`s!! :hihi:
Not a single one in Denmark yet.. :crying:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Interesting,

My girlfriend who is Swedish also makes sure to always remind me that Finland is not a part of Scandinavia. I agree with the Finnish chap: despite the different language root, the ties are pretty close imho...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Please gentlemen.... while I am still waiting my M5 here in Finland, which is in production in week 17, I have to correct You Swedes that Finland is commonly known as a part of Scandinavia....

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
BradM5 said:
Was these photos taken outside of Autotalo laakkonen Herttoniemi? At least it looks like it...
Yes it was parked in front of Laakkonen Helsinki last week. They have the M5 and M6 there next weekend! hiha

KIP

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BradM5 said:
Please gentlemen.... while I am still waiting my M5 here in Finland, which is in production in week 17, I have to correct You Swedes that Finland is commonly known as a part of Scandinavia....
Sorry but Finland is not a part of Scandinavia...It, however, is a Nordic country! :viking:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not a customer car. It's BMW Finland's car with broken gearbox... so there is still some problems with the gearbox....

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BradM5 said:
Not a customer car. It's BMW Finland's car with broken gearbox... so there is still some problems with the gearbox....
What color is your car going to be and do you know if there are going to be many new M5's in Finland?

·
Registered
24 Posts
BradM5 said:
Are you shure ?

I looked closer at the car and it says sprache: swedish, on the blanket in the windshield. This made me wonder if it could be a customer car. (we have a little finnish swedish minority) Need go tomorrow and check for the M6. (I work very close by)

but on the other hand, your statement would explain way its just sitting there covered in dust.... :(

For better pics http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53142

·
Registered
943 Posts
BradM5 said:
How do you know that the gearbox is broken?

The car still has the transport protection on the doors. Looks like it´s never been driven?

·
Registered
55 Posts
cidair said:
How do you know that the gearbox is broken?

The car still has the transport protection on the doors. Looks like it´s never been driven?
well... as I am waiting my M5 to arrive, I was little worried to see/ hear M5 going to customer before I have mine... so I called my dealer and he explained the situation.

This same M5 will be dispalyed over the weekend here in Finland, but hood definately locked :cool2: ....

KIP... I will have Silverstone II and I think ther will be around 15 delivered this year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
BradM5 said:
well... as I am waiting my M5 to arrive, I was little worried to see/ hear M5 going to customer before I have mine... so I called my dealer and he explained the situation.

This same M5 will be dispalyed over the weekend here in Finland, but hood definately locked :cool2: ....

KIP... I will have Silverstone II and I think ther will be around 15 delivered this year.
Hmmmmm.......

Got some info for you guys. I went today to have look at that M5 and M6 beeing displayed, I walk in the showroom and I see a ?silbergrau? E60 M5 !!! First thought, did I really look the color so off ???? I turn to speak to the dealer and ask if this is the same car as seen ealier this week outside (the silverstone II) and he says no. He told me that the silvestone II colored car that was still covered in transport wax (thats why it looked so dirty) is an educational car, a car that the finnish mechanincs train on, they take it apart and assemble it again so they don't have to train on any customers car.
(skip it, just give it to meee ;) )

Ok, so I ask about some facts concerning the rumors about the gearbox problems and why the deliveries are delayed. He was, or atleast acted like he had never ever heard about any such problems, and told me that the reason why the cars are late is because M-sport had promised to produce 10 000 M5 engines/year, but are only producing 9000/year.

(heard also some "inside" information about the oil pump problem that the new M5 has and that BMW can't figure out, anyone know about this some more ???? )

Anyways, so let's start that **** thing then. OH MY GOD !!! That sound is amazing, I'm sort of used to a Ferrari 360 sound, but this sound of pure heaven coming out of a sedan, WOW ! The dealer revved it all the way up to the limiter (cold engine and lot of black smoke :nono: ) and when lifting of the gas, there comes the sweetspot in my opinnion.

So long story in short, we have 2 E60 M5s in Finland :1:

ps. the M6 was blue and, well didn't really look at it that close....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts