·
Registered
E60 M5 2006
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
S85 Competition Carbon Plenum
Another step towards the M5 CS.
——

This is arguably the most difficult, challenging and rewarding product development since I’ve launched @euro.connex

I have goosebumps thinking about how far this pushes the envelope for the S85.

The specifications will surprise many.

You’re looking at one of the available trumpet design.

Product Rectangle Fashion accessory Auto part Font

Auto part Font Natural material Fashion accessory Composite material

Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Rectangle Automotive lighting Font

I will release R&D notes and insights on design choices here and on @euro.connex in collaboration with @infinitautodesign.

Keyword: modular.

The prototype is close to production in carbon construction to review, and document before release.

The first S85 members will get introductory pricing too good to pass up. You can get on the waiting list for the crowdfunding launch here.

·
Registered
E60 M5 2006
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any performance benifits? Really after one of these
I hope its not possible it can split
Rough price range??
Yes.

2,500 to 4,500$ depending on configuration. This will be modular and the ultimate version will have matching intakes and Alpha N tuning.

·
Registered
E60 M5 2006
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
long intake runner usually kills low end torque. it's a safe assumption before you spend thousands trying to build this.
It’s already in production. Simulations already done. Modular stacks to achieve your performance goals already designed.

The S62:

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
E60 M5 2006
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well can't argue with e39 having a good low end torque. not sure if plenum design is the cause but best luck to you.
Thank you.

The testing process will be transparent and technical data made available for all to make their own assessment on which stacks they want to go to with.

The stock trumpets are really, really ****y. I do not recommend laying the trumpets out as you have.
This stack design is one of a few that will be available.

The stock trumpets are indeed crap and were designed within the space restrictions of the 2x piece split airbox design.

ABS is about 4-5mm thick and requires reinforcement beams within the plenums, limiting space.

Blue Purple Sleeve Violet Personal protective equipment

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
E60 M5 2006
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
if this is going to be open inside the car has be alphaN, you cant have the two banks mixing air with mafs.
You’re correct! One version will be and will have Alpha N tuning packaged with it.

·
Registered
E60 M5 2006
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New development is exciting, hope it pans out with noticeable performance gains!
I hope so too. The complete Motorsport kit should give the most probabilities of performance gains.

I'm working on the 2nd information release right now with more insights into the specifications that will be offered.

·
Registered
E60 M5 2006
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Interested! Matt, my 2c is that I personally would like to see some discussion re: durability testing in any upcoming info releases.
Good point!

Infinity will be using tried and tested methods for the ITBs, notably CNC’ed fittings and the trumpets will most likely be ABS plastic and thicker than carbon traditionally used in plenums.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts