BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interested in purchasing a set of these wheels. I've emailed a few vendors with no help as far as fittment goes, can you believe that!

-I'm interested, for my e39 m5 a set of these wheels in the square 19x9.5 set.
-I do NOT want to have to do really any, if possible, fender mods to make these fit. ( I own a fender roller, but my M5 has nice clean paint I do not want to risk screwing with in any way)
-what size tires are reccommended, fr + rr?
-spacers? (stock brakes, BC coils) I am to be lowered on BC coilovers.

I'd appreciate any help on the matter, love how they look on the e39 I just dont want to run a staggered set. I prefer concave on all 4 corners. If you have pics, post em up!

thanks!

·
Registered
481 Posts
you can go with 10.5 rears too.

make sure you get the centers bored to 74.1

mattmartindrift ran spacers on his setup and 245/275
i believe he had +12 in front and +22 in rear. IIRC

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Is the only reason you want to run square bc you feel staggered is not concave?

I recommend their 19x9.5f 19x10.5r. No spacers needed. "el cabron" runs this, also, do a search of my "I love alpine white" thread. The first post is also the staggered setup I recommended. They do not offer a squared setup anyways.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the alpine car with 10.5's and the rear fenders are mangled. They've been rolled/pulled out a ton and I dont want to go that route. I believe the 9.5's should fit fine stock body, just wondering on tire size/spacers/etc. Brecus sells them for the e39, do I really need to have them re-bored? I didnt think I had to... thanks!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I saw the alpine car with 10.5's and the rear fenders are mangled. They've been rolled/pulled out a ton and I dont want to go that route. I believe the 9.5's should fit fine stock body, just wondering on tire size/spacers/etc. Brecus sells them for the e39, do I really need to have them re-bored? I didnt think I had to... thanks!

They do not have a square setup. That car has mangled fenders bc he runs a large spacer at his preference. As I said, el cabron and matt both run this setup with no spacer, or fender mods. You must get them rebored.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
When I say they, varrstoen does not make squared setups.

You can run stock widths, or one size up which is what I recommended to el cabron who runs 255/35/19f, 285/30/19r, again, no fender roll or spacers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
E39 M5 Varrstoen 6 Spoke Wheels - Brecus Motorsport

^^^they do offer a 19x9.5 x4 (square) option, that is why I asked... (and regardless, whats it matter if they didnt offer it or not. THey offer 9.5's for the rear so I could buy 4 if I pleased to)

I like the concave look on all 4's, thats why I do NOT want to go staggered with the skinnier flat faced ones

I'll do some more searching in that alpine thread then. I live in the Boston area, and was leaning Against the 10.5 rears as I do not want to run a really stretched tire as the roads here suck!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Id send aaron a PM just to verify. But if you are set on the 9.5, run a 275/30/19 tire. That would look great. BTW thats my car on Brecus ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They do not have a square setup. That car has mangled fenders bc he runs a large spacer at his preference. As I said, el cabron and matt both run this setup with no spacer, or fender mods. You must get them rebored.

I checked out the AW thread... I'd like to see Matts car if you dont mind sharing some pics/info to help out a fellow M5boarder...

I was just very weary of an uber stretched tire needed ont he 10.5's to clear stock body, I'm curious if they do need stretched or not?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I checked out the AW thread... I'd like to see Matts car if you dont mind sharing some pics/info to help out a fellow M5boarder...

I was just very weary of an uber stretched tire needed ont he 10.5's to clear stock body, I'm curious if they do need stretched or not?

Thanks!
No problem bro I can get pics when I get home from work as im on my mobile, but search member "el cabron" that is the BEST example.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw them on Matts car after some research. Hmnn... I'm going to question them on the 9.5's, the 10.5 rears looks nice but the tire looks a tad bit too "rubber band" for me, we'll have to see. I run a set of 19" OZ ultraleggeras on my S4 and the roads havent been nice to them, and the they run a decently meaty tire compared to most.

Thanks for all the help, I just traded my Alpine e36 m3 I built, 550whp for the m5 and I need more mods! haha

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I saw them on Matts car after some research. Hmnn... I'm going to question them on the 9.5's, the 10.5 rears looks nice but the tire looks a tad bit too "rubber band" for me, we'll have to see. I run a set of 19" OZ ultraleggeras on my S4 and the roads havent been nice to them, and the they run a decently meaty tire compared to most.

Thanks for all the help, I just traded my Alpine e36 m3 I built, 550whp for the m5 and I need more mods! haha
I think matt runs 265 rears iirc. Elcabron above runs 285, huge difference, no rubber band.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

Nice! I recently sold my 98 m3 also. Any pics?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
elcabrons car looks perfect! no spacers/correct bore too?!

I know he had rolled fenders... ahh I just rolled my s4's with a heatgun and lots of patience only to crack paint badly. I dont want to hurt the M5 in such a way... hmnnnn!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
elcabrons car looks perfect! no spacers/correct bore too?!

I know he had rolled fenders... ahh I just rolled my s4's with a heatgun and lots of patience only to crack paint badly. I dont want to hurt the M5 in such a way... hmnnnn!
Correct bore no spacers.

Was your s4 ever resprayed? Mine has and it didnt crack. I know you already know, but more heat is good for fender rolling :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I believe the fenders were original paint, I heated the **** out of them with not much luck. Maybe I dont have enough patience, idk.

Heres a couple snaps of the e36 I built and traded for a basically stock jet back 01 m5... I dont regret it! (s4 can be my rocketship now)

Made 550whp at 18.5 psi on 93.

So far the m5 has gotten a new OEM clutch, deleted the rear resonator/mufflers in favor of 3" straight piping to new 3" inlet 3" dual outlet cans, ZHP knob 545i SSK and fresh trans/diff fluids with RP... next up is Powerchip, BC coils, and these wheels and she'll be good! I love the m5!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Very nice naudlee, cant wait to see how you build the m5 ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and just curious what people are running for lugbolts on these? I didnt think factory hdwe would work.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts