BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 19x8.5 wheels with offset of 35. what spacers do i need to get? i been searching but cant find anything.:M5launch:

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
holy crap 35?

1. You sure your the wheel hub is 74.1 and not 72.56?

2. To get closer to front you need a 15mm spacer to bring it out to an effective 20mm offset. Might want to go 20mm spacer to get 15mm offset which is the standard aftermarket front 19x8.5 offset.

These wheels off a 3 series?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Generally speaking for aftermarket rims;

e39 M5 requires

19x8.5 (front) is 12-20mm offset
19x9.5 or 19x10 (rear) is 20-25mm offset.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Generally speaking for aftermarket rims;

e39 M5 requires

19x8.5 (front) is 12-20mm offset
19x9.5 or 19x10 (rear) is 20-25mm offset.
Above range is best fitment. For fronts I would aim for 15mm so you would need a 20mm spacer.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
its close but ive seen others go as far as have ET 5 or 10 up front.

If I can find the pic, I'll post it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you, i appreciate it. just frustrated because they advertised these wheels in 15 offset and then they told me they are not available in that size. so i have to figure out the spacer situation and i have never had experience with spacers or offsets before. thanks to everyone for the input so far..

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
will this give me a nice flush look?
15mm offset up front will give you a close but not flush look. It also depends on if your car is lowered or not on how wide you want them pushed out...you don't want fender rubbing if your car sits low.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i will be purchasing the pss9 in a month or so. just want the best look(flush/close to it) without compromising performance. to achieve this i need 15mm spacers or 20mm spacers to get the 15 offset? sorry i am well versed in engine mechanics and tuning but not in suspension and wheel sizing.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
To be safe, I'd drop the car first, then take measurement of the gap, then buy spacers. Even tho we all have the same car, each chassis can easily have 5mm or more variance in either direction.

Consider too 5mm is just under 1/4 inch and the next size up may be too much.

Have you measured your current gap with stock wheels?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
never done such a measurement. not sure how but i could guess its placing a measureing tape or the like against the wheel and taking the length of that to the fender

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
i will be purchasing the pss9 in a month or so. just want the best look(flush/close to it) without compromising performance. to achieve this i need 15mm spacers or 20mm spacers to get the 15 offset? sorry i am well versed in engine mechanics and tuning but not in suspension and wheel sizing.
I have PSS9's and the same size front wheel as the one you are considering. A 15mm spacer will bring the 35mm wheel to a 20mm offset. This setup should have no problems with rubbing even with the car lowered quite a bit but the wheel will be somewhat in the fender but not by too much. You probably are looking for what a 20mm spacer will do, make the wheel a 15mm offset.

What are the rear wheel offsets?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts